Q. From parents' height please suggest the probable height that can be attained.

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

My sister is 14 years old. She is 4 feet 10 (148cm) and weighs 77 pounds (35 kg). She started her period when she was 12. She grew 12 cm from 10 to 12 years and 5 cm from 12 to 13. However, she stopped growing from 13 to 14. Our mother is 5 feet 2 (157 cm) and our father is 5 feet 8 (172 cm). How tall will she be? Will she still grow taller? Are there any ways for her to grow taller?

#

I understand your concern.

Her expected height will be from your parents' height, 165 cm approx.

Yes, after 12 years of age the growth rate is slow. But, she will grow. Meanwhile, she can do stretching exercises to enhance her height.

Chronic illness can halt growth, I am sure she might not have such illness.

Ask her to look after her nutrition as well especially vitamin D, calcium, and protein requirement.

Her BMI is towards higher range. This can also affect growth rate. Try to maintain around 20 to 22.

Do X-ray of the wrist with fingers, so that we can assess the need for Growth hormones.

Try these options and reviews SOS.

For more infomration consult a paediatician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|