Baclofen

Please suggest a medicine for muscle stiffness, apart from Baclofen.

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is without ventilator support since 40 days and his tracheostomy has also removed five days back. Without any life support system, he is currently breathing by himself for last 7-8 days with saturation level 100% on air. Past four days he is able to keep his eyes open for few minu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed information. I am happy to see your father improve gradually. Here is what I suggest. There is no other medicine for stiffness. However, physiotherapy should be carried out aggressively to prevent worsening of stiffness. One should rul...  Read Full »

My mom was treated for trigeminal neuralgia, with no relief. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 58 year old mother has a history of trigeminal neuralgia from the past four years. She was initially treated with Carbamazepine, but she had a severe allergic reaction, due to which it was stopped. Oxcarbazepine was tried, and it caused allergy too. Pregabalin, phenytoin, and sod...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have tried all the possible treatments. I would suggest trying a medicine known as Tapentadol at doses of 50 mg twice daily, along with Gabapentin 600 mg per day. Consider radiofrequency ablation or alcohol injection into the nerve again, if no relief is ob...  Read Full »

Can cold and sinus problem aggravate my peptic ulcer symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed with peptic ulcer four months back, and I was put on Omeprazole. I took it for three and a half weeks, but then due to horrendous side effects and the need for an H.pylori test, I stopped taking it for around 10 days. The H.pylori test came back negative. I was th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, your symptoms are aggravated by the sinus infection. As H.pylori is negative and you are responding to Lansoprazole, I do not think an urgent endoscopy is required. I would suggest you switch over to Nexium (Esomeprazole), initially take it 40 mg twice dai...  Read Full »

How to deal with teeth grinding that developed due to brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 2 years and 5 months old and he had a brain surgery two months ago to extract a brain tumor. It was an anaplastic ependymoma on his fourth ventricle. After brain surgery, his awareness was low and he was on a ventilator for 50 days. He is doing well know, but ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your nephew. Due to the tumor for which he was operated, the cerebellum (small brain) was affected. Due to that, he has developed bruxism which is a rare complication. Unfortunately, there is no effective established recommended treatment. Some ...  Read Full »

Why am I having frequent chest pains and shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I am overweight. I have been having sharp upper right chest pains, that are very frequent. I did not have them before, but I started getting them recently. At first, I was having shortness of breath, and it felt as if someone was standing on my chest. But...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your chest pain is a result of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Cardiac chest pain increases during respiration and comes with other symptoms like palpitations, etc. Omeprazole and Baclofen that your physician prescribed should reduce the symptoms you a...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for indigestion and intestinal worms.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male, who is in good health. I have a long history of indigestion, mostly experienced as a pressure in the throat. About ten years ago, I had a clear endoscopy, and I took Nexium for six months and cut way back on alcohol drinking, which seemed to do the trick. I had...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). For dyspepsia and gastritis, I would suggest you take Nexium (Esomeprazole). Initially, take it 40 mg twice daily, however, if it is not relieved, doses can be increased to 80 mg twice a d...  Read Full »

My daughter is on Phenytoin, but still, she gets seizure. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is suffering from cerebral palsy of right side since birth. It is also called seizure, hemiplegic type. Now she is 24 years old. Her right side of the body, right leg and right hand are not working properly. She walks with staggers with raised heel part of the right leg and ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter seems to have right hemiplegia and seizures. The way of walking with raised heel and right arm twisted is increased tone in right-sided limbs suggestive of spasticity and contracture. As you told that she is already on Tablet Eptoin (Phenytoin) 100 mg th...  Read Full »

Please review my dad's report and let me know if hiccups and burping are to be worried.

Query: Hi doctor, My dad recently was admitted to hospital after a heart attack, and he was in the hospital for almost a week. Currently, he was discharged and taking rest at home. The doctor advised that his heart pumping rate is around 23% and require improvement. Since morning he has been having hiccup...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your dad's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). He has severe heart failure due to supposedly decreased blood supply to the heart (ischemic left ventricular dysfunction). The cause of hiccups and burping could be due to gastritis induced b...  Read Full »

How to stop taking the drug Suboxone?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had about a six years dependency on the drug Suboxone. I do not abuse it, but I have tried several times to taper or wean. I have a white-collar high profile job and I really need to get this off to avoid problems in the future. Do you have any recommendations to get this off? I w...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Suboxone consists of Buprenorphine and Naloxone. Buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist. The drug is given in order to replace opioids during opioid de-addiction. If not properly tapered and doses taken regularly, then the drug is known to cause significant dependence....  Read Full »