Beta-carotene

What could be the spreading spot on my face be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a spot on my skin for about two weeks and is not healing. It started out like a pimple and is now spreading. I thought it was an infected pimple and applied Bactroban which did not help. It tingles and burns.I do not know whether it is a fungal infection or not. I had something sim...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sure your problem is distressing and is affecting you severely. Let us understand your case. Since you are a very fair skin type patient, you are naturally more exposed to sun radiation which is UV-A and UV-B (ultraviolet A and B) rays. In effect what it does is, ...  Read Full »

Can I get my acne scars permanently cured without any medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old boy with a face full of acne scars. I have it for the last two years. I have tried many home remedies but did not consult a doctor. They got cured to some extent in the last two to three months or so but have now started reappearing. I want a permanent cure wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nowadays, acne is considered physiological and a natural phenomenon rather pathological. Around 95% of the world population would have acne at some point in life.  Getting into your case, you are 20 years old, it is the active age of acne. It starts a...  Read Full »