I am anxious and have unstable intense relationships. Do I suffer from bipolar disorder?

Q. What are the causes of antisocial behavior?

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2022

Hi doctor,

I am a 19-year-old female with a height of 5 feet 5 inches and a weight of 150 pounds. I feel lonely, hostile, anxious, unstable intense relationships, and unable to control my emotions. I believe that I have antisocial behavior with bipolar disorder. Currently, I am not under medications. Please help.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. You might have a borderline personality disorder like chronic feeling of emptiness, emotional outbursts, self-harming behavior, and overwhelming behavior. You mostly feel that no one understands you in this world and face difficulty in sustaining the relationship for a long time and have frequent job-related issues. There is non-pharmacological management for it. Follow the guidelines below;

1) You should exercise or walk daily for 30 - 45 minutes.

2) You should meditate for 20 minutes daily. It helps to reduce anxiety. Sit in a comfortable position and concentrate on your breathing. Do not force yourself to control your thoughts.

3) You should eat healthy home-cooked foods and avoid junk foods.

4) You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you live away from your family.

5) It would help you overcome stress if you spent time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments.

6) You should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.

7) Avoid using tobacco or alcohol, or any other abusive products.

Live your life. Be bold and confident. Please revert to me if you want some help.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Can bipolar disorder cause increased anger?

.. sorry to hear about your situation, I can understand it must be really difficult for you right now. What you are describing looks more like depression with anxiety, for bipolar disorder there has to be episodes of Mania which can be diagnosed after complete evaluation and psychiatry history.   Read full

Please tell me in detail about psychopath.

.. be happy to help you. What you are referring to as a psychopath is known as antisocial personality disorder in psychiatry. It is diagnosed using certain standard guidelines and criteria. These people show a persistent disregard for laws and the rights of others.   Read full

I have bipolar disorder. What are the lifestyle changes I can do to improve my mood?

.. understand your concern. You are suffering from bipolar disorder and are on Magnesium Valproate and Amisulpride. The dose of Valproate is good and I hope you are stable with this dose. If your mood is stable and you are functioning normally at this dose, then there is no need to change this drug.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.