Blowing Nose

Is getting a small amount of blood in nose while blowing a serious issue?

Query: Hi doctor, I am noticing a small amount of blood (less than a drop) in the tissue when I dap my nose. There is no blood when I sneeze. Occasionally, I have a little bit of blood when I blow my nose (again less than a drop). I have been trying a humidifier at night and saline nasal spray. Is it som...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nasal bleed or epistaxis can occur due to several causes, and of these, idiopathic is the most common. It may be be due to minor unrecognized trauma like forceful blowing, nose picking, rubbing, etc. Epistaxis can also occur in common cold. Certain people have thin m...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for nosebleed.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old daughter has had three nosebleeds in about 3 hours. During the nosebleeds, she said her cheek bone area close to her nose hurts. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Arti Sharma

Paediatrician, General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A few common causes of nasal bleeding are dry air, picking of the nose, rubbing, allergies, trauma to the head or nose and nose blowing. In your history I do not see any history suggestive of trauma or fall. Dry air or nasal picking is a possible cause. When a child ...  Read Full »

How do I stop frequent nose bleeds?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. This query is all about my frequent nose bleeding. It started when I was in grade school, I got nose bleed when it is very hot, or when the air is dry and it only happens once a month or once every two months. For the past three months, I got frequent noseb...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are doing well. I understand your concern. I assure you that you need not be worried. Epistaxis or nasal bleeding is a very common condition and has been reported to occur in up to 60 percent of the general population. Most nosebleeds are not serious and can...  Read Full »

Can blowing your nose result in nosebleeds?

Query: Five days ago I had thick mucous in my nose and from the carving of my nose I had a wound without special nosebleeds ... I put Vaseline and it stopped the next day but the mucus continues. they are yellowish sticky and odorous and every time I try to blow my nose I bleed again. I put only rinopantei...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, welcome to iCliniq Can you tell me if this discharge is unilateral or bilateral. how profuse is it? do you have any nasal blockade or obstruction of any type? Do you have cold? how is your smell? Do you get sneezing? Is your nose tender?  Read Full »

Why did I get blood when I blew my nose?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past five days, I have been having quite a bit of blood come up in my mucus when I blow my nose. My sinuses are sore and puffy. Today, my right cheek and right side of my nose have gone numb and tingling. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history provided and image provided, it is blood stained discharge with mucus. Hence, the possibility of acute sinusitis or rhinitis is present. Your workup should be done as follow. Rhinoscopy nose examination, PNS x-ray (paranasal sinus), CBC (...  Read Full »

How to get relief from nose block?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. Since two weeks, I am suffering with cold, especially nose blockage. As per doctor advice, I had Mucolite SR and Mondeslor daily night. He also advised me to take vaporizer and salt water gargling but I did not do that. I used Otrivine nasal drop for immediate relief. W...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will answer your queries in the same order as you have asked me and explain to you the details wherever required. You can continue to take Mondeslor, Mucolite SR and Absolut 3G (omega 3) in the way you have told (and as advised by your doctor). Mucolite SR is a sustaine...  Read Full »