Q. A 19-year-old girl's brain is same as that of a newborn. What to do?

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

I have a sister who is 19-years-old, fully grown physically and healthy, but she has no knowledge. She cannot talk, she does not have any idea, her brain is the same as that of a newborn baby. Do we have any treatment regarding this, please help with some suggestions.

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Child Health Neurology
#

Your sister has developmental delay and predominant speech delay the cause of which could not be identifiable unless we go deep into history. How was her birth? Was she born under normal delivery? Her birth weight, how long she was in the hospital at the time of birth? Is she able to walk and recognize all? To look more details, MR brain is needed, but unfortunately, nothing could make her normal. But with physical therapy and speech therapy, she might improve.

Possible anoxia at birth.

MR brain.

Idiopathic.

Developmental delay.

Speech therapy and physiotherapy.

To be assessed by rehabilitation team

|