HomeAnswersInternal Medicinebrain disordersHow to cure the brain hemorrhage in my father?

My father has a brain hemorrhage. What treatment would you suggest?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 17, 2017
Reviewed AtDecember 6, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My father has a brain hemorrhage. He has multiple blood clots. I am attaching the CT scan reports. Please have a look.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • These are not blood clots but areas of bleeding within the brain.
  • He should be treated with hemostatic agents till the resolution of the hemorrhage and edema.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

Can you please suggest a treatment for this condition? I stay in a small town with limited medical facilities.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • It is important to ensure the following is done to him:
    1. Perform endotracheal intubation if he has a decreased level of consciousness and poor airway protection.
    2. Cautiously lower blood pressure to a mean arterial pressure (MAP) less than 130 mm Hg, but avoid excessive hypotension.
    3. Intubate and hyperventilate if intracranial pressure is increased. Initiate the administration of Mannitol for further control.
    4. Maintain euvolemia, using normotonic rather than hypotonic fluids, to maintain brain perfusion without exacerbating the brain edema.
    5. Avoid hyperthermia.
    6. Correct any identifiable coagulopathy with fresh frozen plasma, vitamin K, protamine, or platelet transfusions.
    7. Initiate Levetiracetam or another anticonvulsant to prevent seizure activity.
    8. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Salah Saad Hassan Shoman
Dr. Salah Saad Hassan Shoman

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy