Q. I feel fuzzy in the morning hours. Is it due to early menopause?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Oct 31, 2019

I am a 30-year-old-female. I have a fuzzy head mainly in the mornings, and I have read online and regarding this. It includes stuff like elimination of diet, early menopause, etc. I think it may be due to something like this. I have no pain in my head, but sometimes it makes me anxious and feels sick. I also have asthma.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Fuzzy head or brain fog can be due to a lot of causes. Most commonly, patients present to us with a fuzzy head after improper sleep for a long time (insomnia), long term stress at the workplace, too much caffeine, or caffeinated drinks.

Some medical causes can be low hemoglobin (anemia), hypotension, weakness due to improper diet, due to malabsorption, etc. We can not attribute the cause to early menopause. Early menopause is considered only when patients get menopause around 35-40 years of age. You are too young to attribute this cause to early menopause.

I will advise you to get the following tests done:

1) CBC (complete blood count).

2) BP (blood pressure) monitoring at least three values.

3) LFT (liver function test).

4) Stool routine.

Once you have the reports ready, you can contact us, and we will help you. Make sure that you are not too anxious because stress will further worsen the symptoms. So try to eat well and stay healthy for the time being. Take a multivitamin supplement like Cobadex (vitamin B and C), once daily and also take tablet Evion (vitamin E).

What could be the reason behind my late periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I missed my period and my actual due date was 20 days ago. But, the pregnancy test shows negative and this is happening for the first time. My period is always regular. What could cause this? What will the reason behind this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of 35 years and with the concern of your weight 39.92 and BMI 14.2, you may have early menopause. Do a thyroid test. Sometimes, due to thyroid also your periods can get elongated. Or it is more likely perimenopausal period from which you are passing and...  Read Full

Are my symptoms caused due to taking too much of Thyroxine or HRT?

Query: Hello doctor, I have just received my blood results of thyroid and hormone blood test, and I require your help, please. I am 54 years old woman, who is 5.6 feet tall and weigh 13.10 stone. I have suffered from ill health for many years and cannot remember the last time I felt well. I had a complete...  Read Full >>

Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you have had to go through a lot. I really appreciate your writing all your problems in such a detailed way, which makes me easy to understand all your symptoms fully. Most importantly it is high time you stop your hormone replacement therapy. HRT should not...  Read Full

Why am I having severe brain fog with a feeling of derealization?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe brain fog to the point where I cannot leave the house or go to work. I also have a dull, numb feeling on the top of my head. It almost feels like not enough blood is going to my brain. I have a feeling of derealization constantly. I have suffered from a feeling...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better I need the following details: 1. Have you got your thyroid checked ever? 2. How is your sleep? 3. Do you dream a lot in the night? 4. Do you feel tired the whole day? 5. Any anxiety related issues? Revert with the asked details for a better help.  Read Full