Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. My father has a brain hemorrhage. What treatment would you suggest?

Answered by
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2017

Hello doctor,

My father has a brain hemorrhage. He has multiple blood clots. I am attaching the CT scan reports. Please have a look.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to

  • These are not blood clots but areas of bleeding within the brain.
  • He should be treated with hemostatic agents till the resolution of the hemorrhage and edema.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Can you please suggest a treatment for this condition? I stay in a small town with limited medical facilities.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome back to

  • It is important to ensure the following is done to him:
  1. Perform endotracheal intubation if he has a decreased level of consciousness and poor airway protection.
  2. Cautiously lower blood pressure to a mean arterial pressure (MAP) less than 130 mm Hg, but avoid excessive hypotension.
  3. Intubate and hyperventilate if intracranial pressure is increased. Initiate the administration of Mannitol for further control.
  4. Maintain euvolemia, using normotonic rather than hypotonic fluids, to maintain brain perfusion without exacerbating the brain edema.
  5. Avoid hyperthermia.
  6. Correct any identifiable coagulopathy with fresh frozen plasma, vitamin K, protamine, or platelet transfusions.
  7. Initiate Levetiracetam or another anticonvulsant to prevent seizure activity.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Why do I overload my brain with so many thoughts?
My 15 year old sister has seizures, and her brain activity is abnormal. Please help.
How long Keppra can be taken by SLE patient?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Please suggest a treatment plan for platelet disorder.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from platelet disorder from the last one month. She had nearly about 58 units of platelet transfusion, but still her platelet count is not up to the mark. What to do further?  Read Full »

What is the safe platelet count for surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 73 year old male and scheduled for a co-surgery. Da Vinci prostatectomy for PC and double hernia repair with patches. My platelet count is 92 x 10^3 per microliter. I have had this for over 17 years. I had a bone marrow biopsy before 16 years and also, had a recent one before 3 y...  Read Full »

I have vulvodynia, will I always have this? Have you seen this cured in your experience?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 48 years old and have been in good health. I have not been officially diagnosed, but I think my issue is some form of vulvodynia.  Symptoms started as discomfort as if something was digging around my panty line. This went away completely for three weeks. Then again started to get ...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.