Brain Imaging

Where are my symptoms leading to?

Query: Hi doctor, My symptoms over the last four months are as follows. I sat down on my mother's bed and could not get up. I had severe pain in lower back on left side shooting down my leg. They felt like electric shocks and it lasted for a little over a week. During that time I had a lot of memory issue...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These all symptoms could be unrelated but can be related too. In my opinion, you should be evaluated for multiple sclerosis. A person with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) or multiple sclerosis (MS) can have almost any neurological symptom or sign. Autonomic, visua...  Read Full »

How common is seizure in elderly people?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 86 year old healthy male. I had sudden seizures. What is the reason behind it? I have attached my MRI brain with this. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. Please find my observations below. There are mild age-related changes like prominent markings on the surface of the brain, prominent ventricles which are fluid spaces...  Read Full »

Diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Could you please answer a few questions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research regarding diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Please answer a few questions of mine. What routine medical examinations apart from MMSE and history would you conduct? By this I mean standard routine blood investigations plus other investigations. What clini...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your queries and shall answer accordingly. Keep in mind that standard procedures for management may differ in different countries. Answers for your questions: In blood investigations we usually go for complete blood count (CBC), liver function tests (LFT)...  Read Full »

Does the CT scan of my brain show a meningioma?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like your opinion regarding the attached CT scan of my head. I specifically want to know if you see any indication of a meningioma in the left posterior parietal lobe. I would also like your opinion regarding whether or not a CT without contrast would show this particular anoma...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I see a spot of hyperdensity in the left posterior parietal lobe. However, the findings are not suggestive of a meningioma. The hyperdensity may represent calcification due to a granuloma. I suggest...  Read Full »

I request for a second opinion of my CT scan.I suspect a possible brain hemorrhage.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. CT scan came up negative for problems associated with infection. I request for second opinion for possible hemorrhage/brain aneurysm or complications due to infection. I have attached the reports. Associated Problems: Tooth abscess.  Symptoms: Light headedness, seve...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail and have seen the reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) The CT scan images have been acquired with a good machine and the images are clear. There is no reason to suspect any hemorrhage, aneurysm or infection in ...  Read Full »

Why am I having problem in understanding what others are saying?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem in understanding what others are saying. I can hear sound but cannot understand words. I have done hearing test many times in the hospital recommended by the doctor but the doctor always said that my ear is fine. This problem is there always. I do not understand what o...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is not related to hearing loss, nor it is high-frequency hearing loss if your audiogram is normal. It is related to a problem in one center in your brain which makes you understand what other person speaks. I would advise you to consult a neuro physician fo...  Read Full »

What could the speckled cloudy areas on each side of my skull X-ray be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached an AP view of X-ray of my skull. On each side of my skull from the rear canals down are speckled cloudy areas. Do you know what can cause this?  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The speckled cloudy areas on each side are your mastoid air cells that are filled with air and hence give such an appearance which is normal. However, I observe haziness involving your f...  Read Full »

From my MRI reports, can you tell me what is the spot near my cerebellum?

Query: Hi doctor,Could you tell me what is the lesion in my clivus or the spot near my cerebellum? My current symptoms are pain, instability, confusion, difficulty in concentrating, thinking and personality changes. I do not know if there is a relation with the lesion in the clivus, or the borrelia infecti...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Chronic neuroborreliosis can present with an intracranial space-occupying lesion that mimics tumors. This also looks like a chronic borrelial lesion to me, provided serology is positive for Bo...  Read Full »

How to find whether the seizure is due to brain tumor or from recent brain trauma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am an epilepsy patient. I got seizure before three weeks. There was a brain trauma nine months back. The CT and MRI showed only tumor and no other problem. Last week, the EEG report showed normal. How to find whether the seizure is caused by the tumor or by the trauma or both?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. The establishment of the cause depends on the clinical history and location of the tumor as well as trauma. The nature of seizure varies from different areas of the brain. After identification of the affected area, ...  Read Full »