Common "Breastfeeding" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding is an effective tool that helps in maintaining the health, well-being, and survival of a child. It also prevents the occurence of common childhood diseases, which is attributed to the presence of antibodies, and the safe and pure nature of breast milk. Breast milk provides the all essential nutrients ul until six months of age. After which it provides half or more than half of the required nutrients for the next six months. The next year it gives about one-third of the needed nutrients to the child.