Bronchial Asthma

My 4-year-old gets cough and cold frequently. What is the permanent solution for this problem?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my 4 and a half-year-old son. He was born at 36.1 weeks and progressed normally. At around 2 years of age, he used to get frequent bouts of running nose and cough. He was hospitalized for lower respiratory tract infection at 2.7 years, and had febrile ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing your query to me. I can understand that you are very much concerned about the health of your son. From your history description, it seems that your son has bronchial asthma. Asthma usually occurs from exposure to the allergens in our surrounding ...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate tablet for Montair LC.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneel Mukati

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have seasonal bronchial asthma. For confirmation, get the chest X-ray and spirometry done. An Asthalin inhaler alone will not be helpful. I suggest you take Fluticasone, alone or in combination with Formoterol (Formoflo 250). A...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with bronchitis in ER. Is it the correct diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with bronchitis today in the emergency room. I felt very weak and had difficulty breathing and could not wait for my doctor's appointment in two weeks. I have an unproductive cough for a month and a half and burning in my chest. I have attached my reports. Do you se...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneel Mukati

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your present and past history, it could be allergic rhinitis with bronchial asthma if rhonchi present on auscultation. it could be bronchitis in which rhonchi may or may not be present. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect pati...  Read Full »

Can asthma be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 4 years and 4 months is premature by birth at 34 weeks. His current weight is 15.5 kg. He always used to get a cough and sometimes fever in an interval of every two to three months, especially since last one year. However, there is no other visible physical or mental problem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your son is premature, it does not matter with the present illness. Let me first clear you that he is suffering from bronchial asthma. And anyone can have asthma without any family history. So, it is not necessary to be always run in families. To confirm the dia...  Read Full »

How do I get rid of snoring and cough?

Query: Hi doctor, From last few days, I have been facing cold. Cold is my common friend due to allergy. The friendship is almost 8 years old. I have been using tablet Levocetirizine when required. In this recent episode of cold attack, I am having irritating cough. It even wakes me up at night. At the tim...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. I appreciate you for uploading the sound clip (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which is a really helpful move.  Read Full »

Why is there needle-like pain in the rib of an asthmatic?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a needle-like pain on the left side of the rib. I am an asthmatic. I had bronchitis a month ago and was treated with antibiotics. The chest is wheezy and I have a dry cough.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have developed pleurisy or pleuritic chest pain following an acute asthma attack. I would recommend first of all a chest X-ray to rule out any pleural effusion as well as any pneumonia. If your chest X-ray remains clear then you would need treatment with a s...  Read Full »

Is there any possible cure for asthmatic patient?

Query: Hi, My mother is an asthmatic patient. She has been suffering from this disease since 30 years. Her level of asthma is not like others. She is comfortable to breath in normal conditions easily.But when the weather changes or tends to be at peak, she falls off due to it. What I mean is, she started...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is suffering from bronchial asthma and it is not well controlled at present. You have not specified which inhaler she takes regularly. Basically there are two types of inhalers. One is reliever for emergency use and the other one is controller which must ...  Read Full »

How fast do antibiotics relieve asthmatic cough?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years old. He weighs 22 kg. He has asthmatic type of cough problem. The paediatrician usually gives him an antibiotic for 10-12 days and still if the cough persists he will extend the antibiotic for another 2-3 days. When the cough remains an issue, he gives Azithromycin 300 ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antibiotics would help only in case of infection. Antibiotics have role in initial acute exacerbation else not. If he has fever, then we need to give antibiotics. Bronchial asthma requires treatment with antihistaminic drugs and bronchodilator. By giving Betnelan (Betam...  Read Full »

I have a heaving cough that does not go away. What can I do about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have a heaving cough and throat infection, and also heavy breathing and weakness. It has been a month, but it does not go away.  Read Full »

Dr. Pratyush Kumar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaints, it could be an acute exacerbation of asthma. You should take nebulization with Asthalin (Salbutamol) thrice daily and Budesonide twice daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with thei...  Read Full »

I experience severe breathlessness when I walk a bit. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, It started with loose motions 15 days ago and slight fever for few minutes, followed by severe sweating. Loose motions were controlled with some medications. After five days, suddenly I had whole-body flushing where the whole body felt hot from inside. It started from the head, cheeks,...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All complaints except allergic rhinitis appear to be related to anxiety and depression. Just relax, you are normal as far as your body is concerned. You can continue your depression medications. I suggest taking Fluticasone nasal spray, one spray in each nostril 12 hou...  Read Full »