Bronchial Asthma

Will deviated nasal septum cause shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath since a month, and it usually normalizes within an hour. I am suffering from deviated nasal septum and diabetes. My IgE level is 468. Please help. I am currently on Metformin, Suslisent, Diamicron, Serta 25 mg, Zapiz for depression and Montek LC for devia...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from sudden shortness of breath for one month and chest tightness. You are a diagnosed patient of DM (diabetes mellitus) with DNS (deviated nasal septum) and your serum IgE level is 468 ...  Read Full »

I feel sudden chest discomfort and breathlessness. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. My height is 167 cm and weight is 75 kg. Over the past one week, I am having high discomfort and pain in my right chest when I breathe. The pain radiates to the right shoulder and right arm too. When I sneeze or blow my nose up, the pain is severe. I cannot explain this...  Read Full »

Dr. Kartik Sood

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a history of frequent chest infections in the past, which were associated with wheezing, secretions and fever as well, I would suggest you to consult a pulmonologist or a chest physician in person. Your symptom of chest pain, which increases on deep respiratio...  Read Full »

Can any medicine cure asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 3.8 years old, has been suffering from asthma since one year. She suffers weekly once or fortnightly. As per doctor prescription, I am giving her Asthalin (four times a day), Budecort (twice a day) and Montair LC Kid one tablet per day for the last three months. We had...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your situation and agony, but just be patient. Your child will overcome this as she grows old. I hope there is a family history of asthma in either father or mother's family, as this is a somewhat hereditary. There is no complete cure for asthma, but we ...  Read Full »

Why do I have difficulty breathing along with a headache almost every day?

Query: hello good day, I've been having difficulty breathing almost everyday and i have a headache along with this problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, I have gone through your medical history and your CBC report.. Your CBC report does not contain any significant abnormal values to be worried off.. Slight deviations which they have mentioned as L or H are insignificant.. So dont worry about your report.. Coming to your breathing difficulty, it ...  Read Full »

What causes chest tightness, throat itchiness, and the feeling of something stuck in the throat?

Query: I'm a 23 years old female. For almost a month i've been experiencing thightness of chest, itchiness of throat and i feel there is something stuck at my throat. I am currently taking zykast for the itchiness of the throat. I also have a health history of asthma and allergies.  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. As you have mentioned, you are worried about your symptoms. Considering your history and previous symptoms, you may be having asthma as well as pharyngitis, at present. I would still advise you some investigations to confirm the diagnosis. And, if you are suffering fro...  Read Full »

Can smoking aggravates my asthmatic episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old and asthmatic. I weigh around 56 kg. My asthma is not severe and it is seasonal asthma and only happens during season change. Lately, my asthma is not going away I did a myteka and fexet course along an antibiotic course. I do use Ventolin inhaler which gives me reli...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see that you are worried about your asthma. Let us start from scratch. Firstly, let us confirm your diagnosis of asthma and because you are having symptoms now it is the best time to perform spirometry. Secondly, for asthma, you have to use inhalational medication f...  Read Full »

How is pneumonia diagnosed?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is suffering from cough for the past four weeks. She started it out very gently and it is getting worse. Last weekend she was coughing almost non-stop. I took her to a Walk-in clinic and they gave her a cough syrup and an antibiotic. I was told to start the antibiotic four ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your daughter's story in detail. I also heard the quality of cough you provided in the sound clip (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the above description, I feel that your daughter is suffering from bronchial asthma. I suggest you to see ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for chronic cough with sticky mucus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cough that lasts for more than a month now. This usually occurs during night time while lying and sometimes at dawn. At first, it was a dry cough then it turns into a wet cough. I do not spit yellow or green phlegm it is all sticky white mucus. I do not have any history of as...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand how troublesome it is if it is disturbing your sleep. These cough episodes you are having are mostly due to hyperactive airways. I would advise you certain investigations mentioned below. Also, I would like to know, if you get a cough after exposure...  Read Full »

Will GERD cause cough and wheeze?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old and have had acid reflux for the past five years. I have had a cough and whistling sound (wheezing?) with it for five years and over the past few months I have had rattling in my chest. The doctors cannot hear the rattling, but I feel it mostly when I lay down. In ad...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is very clear that you are suffering from too many problems in your teenage. First thing, I want to clarify is you are having morbid obesity. Also, you suffer from chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease i.e. GERD. So you are having dry cough f...  Read Full »

Please interpret my PFT report.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a PFT done. When I asked about the results my doctor said they were fine. That was not good enough. I have FEV1/FVC ratio of 64 %. Increase in residual volume to 156 %. What does this mean? My echo is with EF of 50%. I am a 31 year old, non-smoker. I am a wildland firefighter. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing your query elaborately. From your history it is very clear that you are suffering from asthma. That is the reason for your difficulty in breathing very often. Your pulmonary function test (PFT) report (attachment removed to protect patient identit...  Read Full »