Cardiac Marker

Please go through my USG reports and suggest further course of action.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am 19 weeks pregnant. The ultrasonography reports suggest the following:  1. Bilateral 5 mm choroid plexus cyst. 2. A small echogenic intracardiac focus in the left ventricle.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand the concerns. I have reviewed the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In this situation, you should go for an amniocentesis for confirmation of the fetal karyotype and to rule out trisomy of 21 or Down...  Read Full »

My brother has palpitations and shortness of breath. Should he go and see a doctor?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother is 15 years old. His height is 5'3" and weight is 115 lbs. For the past one week, he has had occasional heart palpations and shortness of breath about once a day. Originally it started with a headache complaint. We are concerned whether it will just pass or there are remedies...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please make sure that the cold medicines you use have any of the following agents like Theophylline or Salbutamol or any beta agonists in them. One of the adverse effects of the medications above is palpitations. If the medicine you used has none of the above things,...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my general blood test.

Query: Hello doctor, I recently took a general blood test. I request you to go through my blood test report and give me suggestions. Especially, I would like to mention about high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) using nephelometry mg/L, where the reference range is 4.69. Any of your proposals wil...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports in details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most of the work up is perfectly normal, except a few borderline elevations in LFT (liver function tests), which are not significant. You CRP is very high. CRP is a marker...  Read Full »

Could elevated CPK value be related to malaria?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 70 years old, was admitted in a hospital for severe weakness, high fever (105 degrees Fahrenheit), shivering and lack of appetite. Blood tests revealed that he had malaria (Vivax) and a platelet count of 44,000, which is below normal. But, there was no dengue or typhoid....  Read Full »

Dr. Manish N Garg

Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CPK enzyme (creatine phosphokinase) is specific to the heart. It gets elevated only in cardiac disease and not in malaria. However, a more specific test would be troponin enzyme levels. Also, age does not cause CPK enzymes to increase. Low platelet is due to malaria and n...  Read Full »

Please explain the effect of high hs-CRP?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done a health checkup and I would like to get an analysis of the same. I am worried about the hs-CRP. All the reports are attached here for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your test report carefully. All the indicators were perfectly in normal range, except hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) that you are worried about. I have to say that this marker is not specific, although they say future cardiac diseases may occu...  Read Full »

Please evaluate my condition from the medical report.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from dullness and tiredness all the time. Also, I have anxiety and irritation. My current medication includes Lodoz 2.5 and Cilaheart 5, VALZ 40. My medical report shows some abnormalities. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for the dullness and tiredness you feel. It is really troublesome for a patient at this early age.  Read Full »