Catheter Ablation

How much time will the wound created during urolift procedure take to heal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just had my second urolift a week back. My doctor-surgeon pinned down the median lobe of the prostate and removed a bladder stone during that surgery. Had voiding trial two days back. Urinated out about 200 cc at urologist's office. I think she put in 300 cc if I recall correctly. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In urolift, there is no cutting and therefore no wound. The prostate tissue is pinned to its covering and this widens the urine tube. So one week's rest should be fine for whatever healing there has to occur. The spasms that occur with a catheter in place are due to bladd...  Read Full »

Can a cardiologist find out where catheter ablation was done without seeing the report?

Query: Hi doctor, Approximately 15 years ago I underwent a catheter ablation procedure to fix an irregular heartbeat. It was cured. My question is that can a cardiologist, who did not do the ablation, see exactly what was done without seeing a report of the procedure? I am currently taking Symbicort 200.  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that a cardiac MRI can reveal the site of fibrosis, which correlates with the ablated region, in the myocardial tissues. This way a cardiologist who examines the cardiac MRI even years after the procedure can localize exact...  Read Full »