Q. Would a cardiologist find out where catheter ablation was done without seeing the report?

Dr. Ilir Sharka
Published on Dec 20, 2018

Approximately 15 years ago I underwent a catheter ablation procedure to fix an irregular heartbeat. It was cured. My question is that can a cardiologist, who did not do the ablation, see exactly what was done without seeing a report of the procedure? I am currently taking Symbicort 200.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

I understand your concern and would explain that a cardiac MRI can reveal the site of fibrosis, which correlates with the ablated region, in the myocardial tissues. This way a cardiologist who examines the cardiac MRI even years after the procedure can localize exactly the region of ablation, without the ablation procedure report.

I am struggling with the side effects of Tamsulosin. What do you advise?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Tamsulosin for enlarged prostate for five and a half years. 18 months ago, I started getting some side effects. I am now getting another side effect, a blocked nose which I am struggling to get rid of. I know all the other prostate medications have the same side effects...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Stuffy nose is one of the major side effects of Tamsulosin (Flamox). And, all alpha-blockers could cause the same issue. The medications that could resolve your problem could make the prostate worse. So, I suggest that you change the Tamsu...  Read Full

What might be the reason for increasing lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from increasing lightheadedness and pressure near the back of the neck. I have this throughout the day. It gets worse with exertion and hot shower. I have some weird feeling in chest that is almost a fast heartbeat. My EKG and blood pressure are normal. Currently, I am on P...  Read Full >>

Dr. Eriol Braholli
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The common cause of dizziness or lightheadedness is abnormal blood pressure or irregular heartbeat. But, you said that your blood pressure and heart rhythm are normal. So, the other reason may be your depression medication. The¬†common side effects of Prozac (Fluoxetine) ...  Read Full

No more painful bouts of AFib. Can this be due to the stopping of Bisoprolol?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 65-year-old male who has until recently been playing tennis regularly. I have been on beta blockers for about 15 years, first on 50 mg Atenolol and then on 10 mg Bisoprolol. They lowered my pulse rate to about 60 but then about three years ago I started to get AFib...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atrial fibrillation (also called AFib or AF) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. Normally, your heart contracts and relaxes to a regular beat. In atrial fibrill...  Read Full