Cerebral Haemorrhage

What is the possibility of cerebral microhemorrhages being hemorrhagic metastatic melanoma?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having neuro issues such as seizures, headaches, etc., for the past 2.5 years. I was tested for paraneoplastic syndrome and came up as reactive on immunofluorescence, but negative ultimately on western blot. Still, a PET scan was done and it was clear. I have had several bra...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In cancer, the size of the lesion usually doubles in 30 to 180 days. Therefore, if the lesions do not show any increase in size during the past six months, then it is less unlikely to be a cancer. You can upload one of your CD for me to see in detail. Microhemorrhages are...  Read Full »

Why is a 28-year-old not able to breathe off the ventilator?

Query: Hi doctor, My query is regarding a female patient aged 28 years. She has been on ventilator by means of a tracheostomy for 50 days. She has been on CPAP mode for two weeks, but unable to sustain respiration off the ventilator. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Young female on prolonged ventilator through tracheostomy and having difficulty in weaning is considered to be a very bad prognosis. You have not mentioned proper medical history, indications for ventilation and under which medications she is on. There are many things...  Read Full »