Q. I have neck, shoulder and arm pain with cervical lordosis. Please help.

Mahaveer Patil

I have neck, shoulder, and arm pain. It swells in my triceps and my biceps hurts like it is torned. I can make simple moves. x-ray confirmed cervical lordosis. Please help.

#

I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this at my clinic. I give them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice packs till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessary an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) done to find out the exact reason.

In your case, there are three possibilities:

1. Soft tissue inflammation, there may be no bony involvement only the soft tissues around the region might be inflamed that may be causing the pain.

2. Neuropathy, there may be a partial or complete inflammation of the nerves in that region that may be the root cause of such kind of pain.

3. Disc prolapse, there may be a compressed nerve in the spine somewhere that might be causing radiating pain in those regions. The possibility of a disc prolapse should be kept in mind.

I suggest you get an x-ray as well as an MRI done to find out the exact cause. Physiotherapy, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs should help until then. Do get back to me after your reports are ready. But I assure one thing, even if it is either of the above three possibilities, all have a good prognosis and you should eventually get back to normal in a few days.Nothing to worry about.

|