Q. I have neck, shoulder and arm pain with cervical lordosis. Please help.

Dr. Mahaveer Patil
Published on Dec 03, 2019

I have neck, shoulder, and arm pain. It swells in my triceps and my biceps hurts like it is torned. I can make simple moves. x-ray confirmed cervical lordosis. Please help.

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this at my clinic. I give them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice packs till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessary an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) done to find out the exact reason.

In your case, there are three possibilities:

1. Soft tissue inflammation, there may be no bony involvement only the soft tissues around the region might be inflamed that may be causing the pain.

2. Neuropathy, there may be a partial or complete inflammation of the nerves in that region that may be the root cause of such kind of pain.

3. Disc prolapse, there may be a compressed nerve in the spine somewhere that might be causing radiating pain in those regions. The possibility of a disc prolapse should be kept in mind.

I suggest you get an x-ray as well as an MRI done to find out the exact cause. Physiotherapy, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs should help until then. Do get back to me after your reports are ready. But I assure one thing, even if it is either of the above three possibilities, all have a good prognosis and you should eventually get back to normal in a few days.Nothing to worry about.

How to check if the blood circulation to the head and neck is fine?

Query: Hi doctor, A physiotherapist did some manipulation with my neck and since then when I fall asleep at night, my arms, hands, upper back (area just below the neck) and brain feels weird as if blood supply is cut. This happens several times during the night while I am sleeping and these symptoms go aw...  Read Full »

Upper Crossed Syndrome - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention

Article Overview: Do you have neck pain, back pain, chest tightness, and headache when you sit for a long time in front of your computer or TV? It can be signs of upper crossed syndrome. For more information, read the article. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Physiotherapist

What Is Upper Crossed Syndrome? When poor posture deforms the muscles in the neck, shoulders, and chest, it is called upper crossed syndrome or UCS. It makes these muscles overlap, overactive, or underactive. Upper trapezius and levator scapula, which are thUpper Crossed Syndromee muscles of the ne...  Read Article

Why am I having shoulder pain radiating to arms and hands?

Query: Hello doctor, There is shoulder pain going into arm and hands. It intensifies with moving the neck.  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now