Q. Though my echo is normal, I still feel chest pain. What to do?

Dr. Vivek Maroti Celerio Mandurke
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from hiatal hernia. Now, I feel pain in my left hand, shoulder, chest and both sides of the shoulder blade. So, I consulted a cardiologist. He asked me to take an echo and it is normal. Still, I feel pain in the hand while working. When I was a child, I suffered with rheumatic fever and took antibiotics for five years.

#

• Though you suffered from rheumatic fever in childhood, when echo is normal there is no damage to the heart.
  • You must be young with no risk factors like obesity, smoking, family history or diabetes. That is why the further test may not advised by your cardiologist as not looking cardiac pain.
  • If your pain aggravated by walking or climbing, then it may be non-cardiac. If you send your ECG and echo, I can help you more.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Still, I am having pain in the left hand, jaw and chest. Herewith, I attached the echo test report. And, I am a social drinker.

#

I have seen your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your echo is normal. For more confirmation, you can do a stress test.
  • If that is normal, then neglect your pain. Also, you can visit a neurologist for investigation if pain is much bothering.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|