Q. What medicines can be taken for pain in the joints of fingers, knees, and toes?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
Published on May 15, 2018

I had very mild pain in my finger joints about 10 days ago. But, with due course of time, I also developed pain in knee joints which is mild to severe and also a mild pain in the toes of the foot. I am also having a headache. Further, I took Sinarest last night and in the morning I was feeling better. With the onset of evening, my symptoms resurfaced and now I have a fever of 99 degrees. Please help.

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

• There are a number of causes that clinically present with symptoms like joint pains and fever. The few conditions are chikungunya and rheumatic fever.
  • A detailed history needs to be obtained and I advise you to go for blood investigation like CBP (complete blood profile), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), and rheumatoid factor.
  • There are a few things that I would like to know:
  1. Are the joint pains so severe to affect or alter the joint position like deviation of fingers?
  2. Is there any early morning stiffness?
  3. Is there any kind of major joints involved like the knee, shoulders, wrists, elbow joints etc.?
  • I suggest you take tablet Diclofenac twice daily for five days.and tablet Pantop (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

There was no early morning stiffness. Further, pain in joints is not that severe. It is easily tolerable. Fever was very mild up to 99 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, I often feel weak and I am having persistent body ache and headache. My symptoms often get worse in the evening. Also, I vomited once but after vomiting, I felt a little better. Major joints involved are the joints of both knees, finger joints, leg joints, and hand joints. The pain is very mild in these joints. There is no noticeable pain in shoulders, elbows, and other joints. What could it be?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

• As per your history, it seems like viral arthritis which usually subsides once the infection gets under control.
  • Adding to the previous treatment, I suggest you take tablet Metrogyl (Metronidazole) 400 mg three times a day for seven days and follow up previous investigations as advised. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Stay healthy and blessed.

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I have swelling on ankles, elbows and some fingers along with deformity in right wrist. Currently, I am taking ayurvedic medication. I need consultation.  Read Full »