Ciclopirox Olamine

How to get rid of jock itch overnight?

Query: Hello doctor, I was infected with a fungal infection (jock itch) when I was 14 years old, and I am 36 years old now. I tried all kinds of fungal creams, but it relieves only temporarily. And recently, I had another episode with severe itching. The skin of my scrotum is getting scaly. I have lost h...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send few good quality photographs taken under natural light. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What causes a bald patch on the head of a 2 year old?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old daughter has a bald patch on head. It is oval in shape with no hair in it. It is getting bigger time to time. I am waiting for her blood test appointment now. What is this condition called? How to cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I presume it as tinea capitis or simply a fungal infection of the scalp. Do not worry, hair can regrow again and there is no permanent damage. It is common in children. It is very important to start the following early for best results: Stop oiling the scalp. Oil is ...  Read Full »