Q. How to permanently get rid of jock itch?

Published on Apr 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

I was infected with a fungal infection (jock itch) when I was 14 years old, and I am 36 years old now. I tried all kinds of fungal creams, but it relieves only temporarily. And recently, I had another episode with severe itching. The skin of my scrotum is getting scaly. I have lost hope of recovering from this disease. Should I try homeopathy? Every time I visit a doctor, they just suggest some cream and dusting powder, which does not help much.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

• Please send few good quality photographs taken under natural light.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you for replying. I have attached few photos. The skin has improved a lot in the past 2 to 3 days, and it could be misleading. I have been applying dusting powder, so the skin is not looking bad today. But a few days back, there was red patches and blood due to itching.

#

I have seen the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

• I suggest you try taking the following medicines.
  1. Capsule Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg, thrice daily for ten days after meals with lemon water.
  2. Lulibet (Luliconazole) cream, apply twice daily.
  3. Stieprox lotion (Ciclopirox Olamine), apply half an hour before bath.
  4. Tablet Teczine M (combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast), twice daily for ten days.
  • Try these medicines for 3 to 4 months, according to the response. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Review in ten days.

Revert after ten days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

thanks sir ,

Could you help me understand what disease I am facing , is it simple fungal infection of more than that ?

# Dear Manoj
First of all extremely sorry for late reply..
Changes in skin texture will occur after months of therapy, have you taken the medication of the same brand as stated?

Regards
Hi Sir ,

I took extactly the same medicine of the same brand you suggested . The cap SPORANOX was quite expensive as well . I finished the doses as per the frequency .
I should not expect the result only after 10 days , as I know its old skin disease and might take months . Please advice on the next steps .
Regards ,
Manoj

# Dear Manoj
First of all extremely sorry for late reply, was busy with some personal issues..
Since it has not responded a bit to Sporanox so I am suspecting my diagnosis because if it is a fungal infection, it should have responded even in 10 days because there is no better medication for it..
Secondly I would advise you visit local good dermatologist to rule out FLEXURAL PSORIASIS and CRURAL LICHEN PLANUS..
physical examination is required to confirm these diagnosis..
Also ask your dermatologist to examine carefully and also tell him that you had taken Sporanox Without any response ..

Hope it helps

Regards

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full >>

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full

How long should I continue Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to suggest that you are suffering from allergy. Levocet M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) is given for the same purpose. It is true that the medicine should be taken for a few months regularly. It has minimal side effects, like dryness of mouth, ...  Read Full

What causes scrotum redness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I am having a burning sensation and redness in my scrotum. I consulted two doctors from the same hospital. The doctor diagnosed it as scrotal dermatitis. The first doctor prescribed the following: Motimesh cream (to be applied at night) for 10 days, Abzorb Dus...  Read Full >>

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be red scrotum syndrome. It is a chronic disease characterized by redness and burning on the scrotum. If I was your treating doctor, I...  Read Full