Cinnarizine

Please suggest a way to get rid of inner ear fluid.

Query: Hi doctor, I was told by my primary care physician that I have some fluid in my inner ear. I have also had dizziness, nausea and feeling like the room is spinning. I also think that I have vertigo, but I am not sure. The episodes happen at night and sometimes during the day. My current medication in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do your symptoms increase on changing position? Do you have fullness in the ear, ringing sensation in ear or reduced hearing? There can be two possible diagnoses in your case, but I need to know if you have any of the above symptoms. Either it can be benign paroxy...  Read Full »

How is dizziness treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not want to be sound like I am panicking, but I really do feel quite uneasy. Since I woke up I feel dizzy. My head is rolling and when I close my eyes, I feel like the world is rolling around in a full speed. It never happened with me any time before. I just had my lunch now, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description it looks like you are suffering from dizziness. This could be due to two reasons. One is your blood pressure and the other is your body's balance mechanism. So, I would recommend that you get your blood pressure checked and also a physician in person...  Read Full »

My mom has been suffering from head spinning. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is suffering from sciatica pain. She is 45 years old. Her doctor suggested complete bed rest for two months. It has been a month for now. She is facing trouble to take breath properly (night times). She is having head spinning and a sensation of falling from bed. She is having hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreejith Mg

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The possibilities for her head spinning are as follows. Probably, your mom is suffering from benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). It can be controlled by a tablet like Vertin16 mg (Betahistine) or Stugeron (Cinnarizine) at bedtime or twice daily. The second po...  Read Full »

Is Amitriptyline better for tension-type headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a mild balance problem while walking, a month and a half back. I did not have vomiting or nausea. I was put on Betahistine and B-Citam for 30 days, which cured 99 % of my balance problem. But, I felt dizzy the whole day. I also have a mild difficulty in swallowing, so I consulted a ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. While considering your symptoms in totality and reviewing diagnosis made by other doctors in the past, I feel a fair trial of low dose Amitriptyline should be given. Most of my patients with similar pre...  Read Full »

Why am I having constant burning pain in stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having burning type gnawing pain behind my sternum since last one year. I am on Esomeprazole 40 mg since last six months, which ease my symptoms. Two days ago, my GP advised me to get an upper GI endoscopy. During the endoscopy, they found one small sessile polyp on GE juncti...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any family history of cancer? Single polyp is usually not malignant. I have gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Does physical examination reveal any lymph node? Overall, I consider the chance of malignancy to be low. Do u...  Read Full »

I have had tympanoplasty on both ears. Does either ear appear infected?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dizziness and fainting-like sensations along with intense itching in both the ears. I had my husband help me take photos with our otoscope I purchased online. The pictures with redness on them are my right ear, and the pictures without the redness and the yellow tube are my...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are likely to have an acute labyrinthitis with acute inflammation of your right ear. If you had such attacks previously, then an examination and investigations of your concerned ear is a must to finalize the diagnosis for a proper mana...  Read Full »

Please suggest a permanent cure for Meniere's disease.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother has Meniere's disease. What could possibly stop attacks of headaches and head spinning? She is currently taking Vertin tablet whenever she gets an attack.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest taking Vertin (Betahistine) 16 mg, twice daily regularly for two weeks. I want the following details: Does she have any hypertension or hearing loss? Has she decreased the salt intake? Any ringing in the ears? Get a pure tone audiometry done and send me the repo...  Read Full »

Am I feeling giddy because of stress?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, and I have been having slight giddiness kind of feeling. I am not able to tell if it is giddiness since I did not fall or have any balance issues. This has been there for a week. I had the same symptoms two weeks back. It feels like some kind of pulling sensa...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be benign positional vertigo, which is more common. I guess you might experience giddiness when you suddenly turn your head. It is mostly because of imbalance in the middle ear fluid, usually following ear infection, which is responsible for maintaining our pos...  Read Full »

My mother has episodes of dizziness when she sits down or stands up. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, This question is regarding my mother, who is 57 years old. She is getting episodes of dizziness from the last one and a half or two years. Most of the time, they are mild, and they occur for few seconds when she gets up or sits down. Sometimes, they stay long and are associated with n...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not something to worry about. Her symptoms and response to Vertin (Betahistine), although incomplete, suggests that these are originating from the internal ear, which is the most common cause of dizziness in old age. This occurs due to age-related changes lea...  Read Full »

Does holding your nose closed while sneezing cause tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have sudden constant tinnitus that started last week. I used to hold my nose closed while sneezing from the past four years, but I have stopped doing it now. And I had vertigo a few months back. I also use Rogaine.   Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer the following questions. Did you suffer from any loud noise exposure or trauma to the ear? Do you have any history of nasal or throat infection? Did you travel by flight recently? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://...  Read Full »