Clenching Of Jaws

What causes black cracks in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, While looking at my teeth the other day, I noticed what looked like cracks in my molar teeth  (2nd from the back) on either side. Recently, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and also was complaining about sensitive teeth to both hot and cold. On both these teeth, I have a bit of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all thank God that you met a good endodontist who diagnosed the right problem. Secondly, through all your case history it is evident that you are having a chronic habit of clenching your jaws that is called 'bruxism' in medical terms. What happens in it is, due t...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for my jaw pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have jaw pain while clenching my jaw together and opening my mouth wide. It has pained only on the left side where my two jaw bones meet in the back of the mouth or jaw. I took Advil and the pain has reduced. May I know the reason for this? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain you are experiencing may be because of soreness of your masticatory muscles, the muscles used during eating and chewing. Consult your dentist for a physical evaluation to eliminate malocclusion (imperfect positioning of tooth), tooth caries or abscess in the mou...  Read Full »

Please help me identify the reason for pain in my jaw and face.

Query: Hello doctor,I have pain in my teeth when I chew. I have some pain in the face also. It is from the last two months. The doctor is unable to identify.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Having looked at the picture and the X-rays, it seems that there are no cavities. There is some generalized bone loss along with the widening of PDL (periodontal ligament) spaces. ...  Read Full »

I have a radiating pain in my jaw. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a lot of pain in my jaw, which radiates from the left to the right side of my mouth. Now, I am having a strange pressure on my temples. It does not really hurt, but it is just kind of a pressure or odd feeling.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be due to grinding your teeth. If you have this habit, then quit it. If you have a habit of closing mouth tightly, then quit it soon. I suggest you try doing the following: Open and close your mouth whenever you are free. Massage your temple with olive oil or ca...  Read Full »

Kindly help me to fix the jaw pain from clenching.

Query: Hi doctor, I clench my jaw a lot, and my mouth hurts quite a bit from doing so. I need to fix the pain from clenching. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to quit this habit. There are a few ways you can try to get rid of it, and the pain will be gone. To quit clenching, if you feel some fear or anything then rule out the cause of it due to which you clench. If stressed or worried try to solve it. When you feel ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to get instant relief from sensitive teeth.

Query: Hi doctor,I have tooth sensitivity problem. I am suffering from this problem since last two months. I am unable to drink water also. I tried many sensitivity toothpastes, but it does not work properly. Please suggest me a proper drug or suggestion for instant relief.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tooth sensitivity happens due to many reasons, and it may be because of cavities in teeth. For instant relief, you need to put desensitized toothpaste, but as you are saying it is not working, then it is better for you to visit a dentist and get an x-ray done. The...  Read Full »