Q. Kindly help me to fix the jaw pain from clenching.

Dr. Purva Jingar

I clench my jaw a lot, and my mouth hurts quite a bit from doing so. I need to fix the pain from clenching. Kindly help me.

#

• You need to quit this habit. There are a few ways you can try to get rid of it, and the pain will be gone.
  • To quit clenching, if you feel some fear or anything then rule out the cause of it due to which you clench. If stressed or worried try to solve it.
  • When you feel you want to clench, just put your cheeks in between teeth by making a duck face. It will help you to quit this habit.
  • Make a balloon face when you feel to clench. Try this in daytime and avoid stress and do meditation and yoga for a better physical and mental health. If you have anger issues, then it is better to do yoga and meditation every day.
  • For jaw pain, you can massage jaws slowly and open and close your mouth as much as possible to relax the muscle and to make them work properly.
  • Take any painkiller available if the pain does not subside. You can visit a dentist (orthodontist) for more ways to quit it.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|