Coal Tar

I have hair fall, itching and white flakes on scalp. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, For four years, I have been suffering from severe hair fall. I have also visited a hair clinic once, but their treatment is too expensive. So, I have not continued the treatment. As my earning is very low, I have never visited any good dermatologist. I have tried various products, but the...  Read Full »

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is sebopsoriasis of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest a¬†shampoo containing Coal tar and Salicylic acid on alternate day and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes on the hair and then wash. There is no evidence of familial type of hair loss fou...  Read Full »

Apart from getting injections, what treatments are available for seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight years ago, a car wreck shattered the windshield, and my head got injured with pieces of glass. They did not take the glass out, and I have also been dying my hair since I was 16. I developed fibromyalgia from the wreck, which is supposed to be relatively non-progressive, however ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis from your history would still be seborrheic dermatitis or sebopsoriasis or scalp psoriasis. This is more of a cyclical problem, it tends to curb down with 2 to 3 months of treatment, but recurring back with a change in season or lifestyle. However, it n...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for pulmonary fibrosis in an elderly?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 74-year-old male with a weight of 142 pounds and a height of 5 feet 10 inches. I take no medications except Ativan. I take vitamins. I am a non-smoker, worked in the auto body shop for two years painting cars, quit grain farming at the age of 44, minimal exposure to asbestos. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Single chest X-ray cannot diagnose lung fibrosis and further tests are required to rule out other causes. As you said, the chest X-ray was normal before a few months and now showing scattered fibrosis. It is advised to repeat the X-ray after few days. Once the X-ra...  Read Full »