Q. I have hair fall, itching and white flakes on scalp. Why?

Answered by Dr. Joydeep Singha and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sebopsoriasis or Hairfall? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

For four years, I have been suffering from severe hair fall. I have also visited a hair clinic once, but their treatment is too expensive. So, I have not continued the treatment. As my earning is very low, I have never visited any good dermatologist. I have tried various products, but the hair fall never reduced. It also itches a lot and too much white flakes come out of my hairs. I do not think that it as dandruff, because I have used Selsun shampoo with Fluconazole 400 mg once in a week for three to four months. But, the white flakes are still present in my hair. Also, I have some sticky white color thing in my scalp. I do not know what it is. I have attached the photos. Also, I am shampooing my hair daily. If not, then I will end up with unbearable itching. My maternal grandfather had male pattern baldness. Medicines that I have already taken are Fluconazole 400 mg, Selsun shampoo, Candid lotion, Rootz hair oil and some ayurvedic products. Please suggest some medicines for all my problems.