Common "Colorectal Cancer" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Colorectal Cancer

Colorectal cancer is a type of malignancy that develops in the colon or rectum, which are parts of the digestive system. It often starts as a growth known as a polyp, which, if left untreated, can eventually develop into cancer. A major cause of cancer-related mortality and a major worldwide health concern is colorectal cancer. Age, family history, food, and some genetic disorders are typical risk factors. Effective treatment, which may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and targeted medicines, depends on early detection through screening procedures like colonoscopies.