Compression Of Blood Vessels.

What does cervical rib mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 6 years old. She always complains that she feels some pain in the back side of her neck. We have checked with an orthopedician. From her x-ray, he said that this is due to cervical rib, an extra bone in the neck. Please suggest regarding this.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical rib is an extra rib above the first rib. Nothing needs to be done as of now and she needs to be reassured. If the rib causes serious problems like arterial compression or nerve pressure in the future, then it can be removed by surgical methods. As of now, I would...  Read Full »

Can migraine and thyroid cause swelling in the arms?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 65 years old. All her general physical parameters are normal and she is leading a normal healthy life. But, she suffers from migraine. So whenever she has migraine headache, she takes Analgin (Novalgin) medicine. Few days back, she took the Analgin and noticed swelling in her...  Read Full »

Dr. A. Sai Balaji

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) her TSH levels are high with normal T3 and T4 which suggests hypothyroidism. Most of the times hypothyroidism has normal T3 and T4. So hypothyroidism cannot be ruled in that case. Her complaints like sweat...  Read Full »

How to deal with pain and face dullness associated with Eagle syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I have been diagnosed with Eagle syndrome last year. I do not know which type it is, whether it is affecting nerves or arteries but I can feel the pain which is so tough to bear and my face is getting dull day by day. Please reply soon.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eagle syndrome is common in females. There are some medications that can help decrease the dullness sensation such as Neuroton ampoule (nerve multivitamins). I suggest taking just one injection every three days. Anti-inflammatory medicine such as Brufen tablets can ...  Read Full »

What causes a ligament to push against upper artery causing pain?

Query: Hello doctor, What causes a ligament to push against upper artery causing pain?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Which site are you talking about and where do you get pain? What are your symptoms? Please explain in detail. In general, these are degenerative changes. This means due to aging there is wear and tear of the ligaments leading to inflammation and enlargement. Also, t...  Read Full »