Condylar Resorption

Can the cause of condylar resorption be identified with imaging?

Query: Hi doctor, At age 17, I spontaneously developed an anterior open bite. I do not have a habit of tongue thrust. Although, I had been using a drugstore night guard when it developed. My orthodontist fixed it without doing any imaging. Looking back, I wonder if it had been caused by idiopathic condylar...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The resorption of your condyle is idiopathic. That means the cause cannot be determined or defined. With imaging investigations, now it is not possible to discern whether it was present or absent before, during or after treatment, unless you have x-rays or CT from before ...  Read Full »

I have a small condyle on my left side, is there a safe procedure to replace the condyle that is missing?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small condyle on my left side, causing my right side to do most of the work. I have a larger right cheek, and my face is off-center. Is there a safe procedure to replace the condyle that is missing?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your history and complaint. The reason for the reduction in the size of the condyle could be as you said. The tumor infection could have entered the left joint capsule and gradually wearing it off. At this stage, our concern should be if this reduction (a...  Read Full »