Conjunctival Autografts

After pterygium surgery, is it normal to feel the eyelid to be thick?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question. My uncle had pterygium excision with conjunctival autograft surgery on his right eye. He was given Ofloxacin ophthalmic solution 0.3% drops for eyes. After using the drop 4 times a day for 4 days, things did not seem right. After peeling the label of the bottle he...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause for his present complaint is due to the surgical trauma induced by the surgery. In pterygium surgery, the mass of tissue is cut and scraped off and then a graft is placed to cover the defect. Our eyes are so sensitive, that even when an eyelash accidentally f...  Read Full »