Q. My BMI is normal, but cholestrol is high. How to reduce it?

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 09, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

I am a 29 years old female with a proper BMI index, but I have high blood cholesterol. I do not have any other physical problem. I did not start any medicine. I do yoga. I want to decrease my cholesterol level.

#

If the cholesterol level is too high, like above 300 or so, then you will need to take medications. But if it is less than that, then you can control it with natural remedies, food, and exercise. You can continue doing yoga. Also, you can do vigorous exercises (only if your body permit, if you have any physical problem then do not do it) like a brisk walk, aerobics or swimming as these exercises will help to lower your fats and cholesterol.

Also, eat raw garlic (1 to 2) every day, you can even mix it with food and eat. There is one homeopathic remedy called Allium Sativum made from garlic. You can take 10 drops of this liquid in half a cup of water once a day for 15 days. Try these methods for one month and then let me know how you feel. I hope you start feeling better.

Please explain the odd in my chest x-ray and liver scan report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am done with my chest x-ray. But, I am worried and I do not want to wait a week for my doctor's opinion. So, I have attached it. Please convey your opinion. Thanks.  Read Full »

What diet can be followed to help lower cholesterol?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a high borderline cholesterol. Can you suggest me a diet chart? I have attached reports herewith.  Read Full »

Are there any problems in my routine health checkup reports?

Query: Hello doctor, I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports fo...  Read Full »

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now