Q. I have attached my ultrasound reports. Please advice on it.

Dr. Vivek Chail
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 02, 2019

I had an ultrasound last month, and I have attached the reports. I need your precise opinion on this case. Please interpret the report and tell me what I have to do next?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

There is a small neck lymph node which is seen on the ultrasound scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It measures 10 x 4 x 10 mm and is small therefore the wait and watch policy is to be applied. It can be from an infection. Since no other lymph nodes are there hence, I will suggest close observation for the next three months.

You have high cholesterols and mildly increased total bilirubin. These need to be discussed with your treating physician and probably a diet with the restriction on fats can help. It is not clear if you had a high bilirubin level earlier.

What are the measures to get the blood values in control?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find attached the blood test report. Highlighted in bold are the tests which are out of range. Can you please advice on the reasons and corrective measures to get the exceeded test values in control? Do I need to perform any follow-up tests? I have got the blood test profile ch...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I am impressed with your overall health. However, there are a few things that need to be sorted out. Your total red blood cells and hemoglobin levels are slightly increased tha...  Read Full

Is my lymph node enlarged due to cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have left supraclavicular lymph node enlargement of around 1 cm in size over four months. I have body pain and occasional low back pain. I have pain in areas such as shoulder, right groin, hand under the elbow and sometimes feel difficulties in chest. Only one lymph node got enlarged. ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your queries, my opinion is as follows: Lymph nodes in supraclavicular areas are usually due to infection from surrounding areas. Possibility for cancer is if it is enlarging or very hard or if there are other cancer in the body. Usually increasing size in ...  Read Full

Ultrasound showing mild hydrocephalus. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hi doctor, My present ultrasound is showing mild hydrocephalus with breech presentation (36 weeks) dilated 13 mm ventricle. No genetic disorder reported earlier done in second trimester. All the previous ultrasound showed normal and sound growth of fetus. Reports attached for your reference. Thank y...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hydrocephalus means increase in fluid content in the fluid spaces of the brain. This can keep increasing in size or remain same. Hydrocephalus was detected in the last trimester. As it is now 36 weeks wait for baby to get delivered. As there is fetal hypoxia your obste...  Read Full

Ask a Radiologist Now