Conversion Disorder

What causes pain and gassy feeling in the stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having symptoms of stomach ache like having gall stones and noticing gas. I went to the doctor and had all the blood tests. The result showed nothing, but a low vitamin D. I went to so many doctors and nothing found abnormal. I am always thinking about my condition and the situation ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned gastrointestinal symptoms without any detectable cause. You seem to be suffering from insecurity in life, which is the conflict in your unconscious mind and that got converted into a physical symptom. Very often these unexplained physical symptoms may ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for conversion reaction disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend is 20 years old, female. Before some days ago she was sense less on a train and then this again happened with her. She consulted a doctor and he says that she is suffering from the first stage of conversion reaction disease. But the doctor could not suggest any medicines but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you feel quite concerned for your friend. As you have mentioned that she has been diagnosed by the doctor as having conversion disorder, it is quite probable that she may undergo these conversion attacks at any time.  Read Full »

My mom is under stress and crying a lot. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is under stress, and she is crying a lot. Suddenly, she started making some noise repeatedly, she was not able to open her eyes, and she had trouble breathing.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any one having extreme stress will try to escape it. This is called conversion disorder, which means the brain tries to escape from extreme stress. In most of the cases, from grief. It can be prevented by anxiolytics like benzodiazepines. Regards. For more information con...  Read Full »