Q. Why do I get pain and gassy feeling in the stomach?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I am having symptoms of stomach ache like having gall stones and noticing gas. I went to the doctor and had all the blood tests. The result showed nothing, but a low vitamin D. I went to so many doctors and nothing found abnormal. I am always thinking about my condition and the situation of my son if I die as I am a divorcee. Sometimes, panic attacks happen when I hear any disease. What should I do to erase these thoughts from my mind? Please help.

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

• You have mentioned gastrointestinal symptoms without any detectable cause. You seem to be suffering from insecurity in life, which is the conflict in your unconscious mind and that got converted into a physical symptom.
  • Very often these unexplained physical symptoms may be the symptom of a conversion disorder. The symptom, which is not relieved by any gas medication, should be addressed by aiming to resolve your inner conflict.
  • This does not mean that you are feigning your symptoms. It only conveys that your mind is distressed and it needs an outlet.
  • Please visit a psychiatrist so that he can explore your inner self and help you out. I suggest you tablet Feliz S plus (Escitalopram) one tablet at night for two weeks. Consult a psychiatrist, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|