Q. When can I start my routine work after bullhorn lip lift?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2020

I am a 39 year old female and a weightlifter. I have had a bullhorn lip lift. My doctor advised me to avoid sports for three weeks and can start with my routine works later. But, I need a second opinion. I pull and push hard to my limits. So, my blood pressure might be high at this moment, also my facial impressions may go wild. Will this affect my healing and cause any other problem? I also understand that I should avoid direct sunlight, but what about heat? Weather is great and now I have to go outside to work. Can I lay on the balcony for sunbathing if I keep my head in shadow?

#

HI,

I have read your concern.

• In bullhorn lip lift procedure, a single bull horn shaped excision of skin immediately beneath both nostrils shaped like a mini mustache. Closing the wound lifts the right, central, and left portions of the upper lip.
  • In your case it is not clear that how many days back you has undergone surgery.
  • If it is less than three month duration, then definitely you should not go for that much of strenuous exercises, not to do pull and push hard to your limit which affects your facial expression.
  • Any skin surgery needs a minimum of three weeks for healing and maximum of roughly three months for gaining full tensile strength.
  • Yes, you can do sunbathing by keeping your head in shadow.

For further information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

| 

Cataract Surgery FAQ - Eye Health

Article Overview: No one in the world is free from aging. It is only natural that cataract, a disease of aging, is the most commonly performed non-emergency, daycare surgery in the world. In this article, I try to answer commonly asked questions from cataract patients. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

No one in the world is free from aging. It is only natural that cataract, a disease of aging is the most commonly performed non-emergency, daycare surgery in the world. Here I have dealt with questions that cataract patients commonly ask me. How do I know that I have developed cataract? Almost eve...  Read Article

Why is my wound itching unbearably?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a grafting surgery on my chest for which a skin was removed partially from my leg. The problem is in my leg from where the skin was extracted. It has converted to an infection with small red bumps, pimple and unbearable itching. I am attaching the picture. It has been like this f...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Plastic Surgeon Now