Q. Which ayurveda medicine can be given for cough?

Dr. Raman Kaushik
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

Since four days, I am having severe cough. What should I do? Please guide.

Dr. Raman Kaushik

#

• If the cough is coming with white or greenish sputum, then you can take syrup Koflet (from Himalaya pharma) 10 mL thrice a day with lukewarm water.
  • If there is only dry cough or allergic cough, then you can take syrup Jufex Forte (Aimil pharma) 10 mL thrice a day with lukewarm water.
  • Avoid ice cream, cold drinks, rice, curd and other cold food items. Always drink lukewarm water.
  • Home remedy - Prepare a decoction by mixing five tulsi leaves, 3 g of dry ginger powder and few black pepper in a glass of water and boil it till it reduce to half. Take this decoction twice daily. Also take a piece of licorice in the mouth.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Is there a treatment for inguinal hernia in Ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, I have inguinal hernias on both sides of my stomach. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure it?  Read Full »

Kindly explain the home remedies to treat sore throat.

Query: Hi doctor, How can we treat a sore throat? Please explain about the OTC medications taken, and the home remedies followed to cure a sore throat.  Read Full »

Can I give my 4 day old baby a normal bath?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it all right for a newborn baby of 4 days to be given a normal bath? I read that only sponge bath should be given to the baby till the umbilical cord comes off and is completely healed.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now