Q. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure inguinal hernias?

Dr. Alka
Published on Dec 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2019

I have inguinal hernias on both sides of my stomach. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure it?

Dr. Alka

#

• I just read your query. See the main cause of an inguinal hernia is a weak abdominal wall. Here due to the weak abdominal wall, the intestinal part usually comes down.
  • This is an anatomical defect, which usually requires surgery. The symptoms may increase while coughing or while you lift some heavy object. The usual symptoms are a pain in the abdomen, heaviness in abdomen, etc. Sometimes there might be no symptoms.
  • As far as medicine is concerned, no medicine can cure an inguinal hernia. Surgery is the only treatment available for this defect. Usually, open surgery or laparoscopic surgery are the two options. You can discuss the pros and cons of both hernia surgeries with your general surgeon. The success rate is very high in these surgeries and patient lives a normal life.
  • So, I advise you to consult a nearby surgeon for discussion rather than looking for medicine. Some people claim that they can cure these types of hernia, but there is no scientific evidence.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Can inguinal hernias lower testosterone levels and decrease ejaculate volume?

Query: Hello doctor, While having sex with my wife six months ago, I had a severe pain in my stomach, which seemed to have originated from my testicles. The pain has never happened again. I live a pretty much normal day to day life. Since then, I have noticed a decrease in semen volume considerably. Now, ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be epididymo-orchitis or simply orchitis. I suggest getting an ultrasound of the abdomen and scrotum. Follow-up with the reports. Revert with more information to a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon  Read Full

Why is my stomach making squeaky noises few years after hernia surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it normal for my stomach to make squeaky sounds a few years after hernia surgery?  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The squeaky sound might be due to two reasons: Most common cause of this is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). This has a history of constipation and alternative episodes of diarrhea, with or without pain. If you have these symptoms, then it is IBS. Fibre-rich diet and me...  Read Full

Are hiatal hernias related to autism?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a son who was diagnosed with autism at 2.5 years. He is now 7 years old. He is verbal now and has improved a lot with the help of therapies. How close is a hiatal hernia associated with autism? We have a history of hiatal hernias in my family. I also read that hiatal hernia can irr...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for this query. I can understand your concern regarding your son's autism. First of all, I would like to tell you, there is a relation between autism and gastrointestinal symptoms like burping, constipation, and loose bowel movements. A hiatal hernia has a ge...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now