Q. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure inguinal hernias?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2019

I have inguinal hernias on both sides of my stomach. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure it?

#

• I just read your query. See the main cause of an inguinal hernia is a weak abdominal wall. Here due to the weak abdominal wall, the intestinal part usually comes down.
  • This is an anatomical defect, which usually requires surgery. The symptoms may increase while coughing or while you lift some heavy object. The usual symptoms are a pain in the abdomen, heaviness in abdomen, etc. Sometimes there might be no symptoms.
  • As far as medicine is concerned, no medicine can cure an inguinal hernia. Surgery is the only treatment available for this defect. Usually, open surgery or laparoscopic surgery are the two options. You can discuss the pros and cons of both hernia surgeries with your general surgeon. The success rate is very high in these surgeries and patient lives a normal life.
  • So, I advise you to consult a nearby surgeon for discussion rather than looking for medicine. Some people claim that they can cure these types of hernia, but there is no scientific evidence.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|