Covid-19 Pandemic

Can I use Flovent and Combivent inhaler to recover from COVID-19 and asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am recovering from COVID-19 and I have asthma. Please suggest a better combination for having a quick recovery. Is it good to use Flovent and Combivent inhaler or Flovent and Spiriva?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Reddy Keesari

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have great success as you are recovering from COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). Kindly go for Flovent (Fluticasone propionate) and Combivent (Ipratropium bromide) combination. It is necessary to follow a proper technique than a combination.  Read Full »

How to handle breathlessness occurring after Covid recovery?

Query: Was having Covid 10 days back. Three days I was having sore throat, feverish, sweating,tiredness,dysentry, stomach ache. Then all right from 4 th day till now. Today on 10th day feeling slight problem in breathing without any cough or like that as I took azithromycin for last five days also. Took mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Good day to you Sir I can totally understand your problem. Covid is a very strange disease , the manifestations of which we are still understanding. one of the lung manifestations of covid is fibrosis. the Lung and it's covering called pleura undergo thickening in the part which was affected. This ...  Read Full »

How to help my father having difficulty in walking and standing up after COVID-19?

Query: Hello,my father was detected positive for covid 24 days ago. For 2 weeks he has been hospitalized and he is still in hospital, his lungs have been affected. He was treated with Remdesevir, dexamethasone and Heparine and other medicines . He was put on oxygen with nostril and high flow mask. Today he...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Post COVID complications, especially those with hospitalisations are not uncommon. This could range for extreme muscle weakness, tiredness to serious complications including widespread clotting, neurological complications. It appears your father has been covered for the latter by medications, for th...  Read Full »

After COVID-19 infection, there are changes in thyroxine levels. Why?

Query: I had positive corona around 5 & half weeks ago and suffered symptoms of severe fatigue & high palpitations after checking my heart lungs etc bloods all is fine the only thing they have seen on my bloods is my free thyroxine levels are slightly raised I.e. 25 it was checked twice 2 weeks ago...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello I just read your query and the reports that you have attached. Yes the free thyroxine levels are slightly high but the normal TSH levels are reassuring and suggest that the viral infection was the likely reason behind it. It would definitely be worth repeating it again in 6 weeks time. Howev...  Read Full »

Can I take PCR test for COVID-19 before having a transit?

Query: I just have questions regarding PCR test. I will be flying out soon and will have a transit and stay the night before continue to my last destination. But due to conditions after the first test before flying I still need to go out and meet people. I am concerned and would like to have another test w...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi welcome to icliniq.com I understand your anxiety. Appreciate that it takes sometime for the virus after it enters humanbody to multiply and cause disease symptoms like dry cough, sore muscles, fever, loss of taste,smell etc. This is called incubation period. Incubation period for covid 19 is 6 ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from COVID-19 infection. How to manage it?

Query: Tested positive for covid 19 over a week ago. I had fever, shortness of breath, chest pain and diarrhea. Currently I have an excruciating headache and chest pain. Have taken Tylenol and advil. Nothing seems to be working.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: I’m deeply saddened by your illness. Have you already had a chest CT? Pls. have an eye on your breathing frequency. If you have more than 20 breaths per minute, you should seek hospitalization. As to the headache. Unfortunately Covid can also enter the brain and cause inflammation there. That...  Read Full »

Can patients that are cured of COVID-19 be reinfected?

Query: I am recovered covid patient for more than a month. If i cross paths with a covid infected patient now, is there a chance of me carrying the virus, being asymptomatic and spread it to my family?  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

Answer: Dear, There are few rare reports about patients who contracted a Sars-CoV-2 (Covid-19) a second time, however the mainstream of all studies hints into the direction that you might be immune against a second infection for at least 6 months. So, as 95% of all medical studies today support the idea t...  Read Full »

Is social withdrawal due to the COVID-19 pandemic the right decision?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23-year-old male and an asthmatic. Although it is mostly under control, I am still in a higher risk group for contracting the virus. I was facing a dilemma and was wondering if I could get a doctor's advice. I am a stage actor who has to decide on withdrawing from a show I am suppos...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a risk if the area comes under the contaminated zone. Because without a mask, there is always a risk even if social distancing is maintained. When someone positive with the virus passes through or goes from the same place, there are high chances of getting an i...  Read Full »

Why did I test COVID-19 positive again after taking medicines for five days?

Query: Sir Good Morning, Yesterday I Completed 5 day Medicine Course W.r.t Covid 19. Yesterday I again tested for Covid 19 at Hospital and Tested Positive. My vital boby signs- 1 . Temperature Normal, pluse rate 81, Oxygen level 99. Kindly advise further course of action.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Dear, There is no point of testing again and again. You are infective for first 10 days only. After that virus dies. Test may come positive for weeks after treatment. Now since you are recovrring please take following medicines after completing 5 days medicines given previously. 1. Tab Zady 250 tw...  Read Full »

What are the medicines used to treat COVID-19?

Query: Hello I need to get supervised on Covid. I have been found positive, taking FabiFlu, atoz tablet, and dolo , I am experiencing fever and cough, is this the right medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Answer: Thanks for your query. Please share complete details of all your reports and treatments prescribed. Fabiflu (Favipiravir) needs to be taken in appropriate doses (about 122 tablets 200mg each, over upto 14 calendar days) along with other important medicines. Hope you have been prescribed and not sel...  Read Full »