Cryoglobulinemia

Fingers turn Blue

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old woman. Two years ago, it happened for the first time that one of my fingers turned blue. A few seconds after that, it lost its color like it did not have oxygen and started to hurt. It comes in the winter, but nowadays, I have it on the other fingers on my hand and le...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is because of exposure to extremely low temperatures. Keep warm. Keep your hands covered when you are out at that temperature. Consume a warm diet. Rule out frostbite or chilblains. If you have any pain or discomfort or difficulty in movemen...  Read Full »

My hand and knuckles are paining without any trauma. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an outer ear infection about three to four weeks ago. I scratched the inside of my ear with a Q-tip, and within two days it had swollen completely and shut. I went to Urgent Care and was prescribed with a 10-day course of Augmentin and ear drops. Three days after starting these medi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a couple of different possibilities here, and the most important one is arthritis due to cryoglobulinemia, which happens in people with long-standing hepatitis C history. The other possibility could be Parvovirus B19 infection. You should get tested for rheum...  Read Full »