Q. Why did one of my fingers turn blue?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
Published on Nov 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 09, 2019

I am a 27 year old woman. Two years ago, it happened for the first time that one of my fingers turned blue. A few seconds after that, it lost its color like it did not have oxygen and started to hurt. It comes in the winter, but nowadays, I have it on the other fingers on my hand and legs too. Even a slightly low temperature can cause this. I read about cryoglobulin and the symptoms look the same. I went to a doctor, but she told me her laboratories do not have tests to diagnose cryoglobulinemia. So, I would like to ask you, what examinations do you recommend to a patient with these symptoms and why? What else can be the reason for these conditions?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

• It is because of exposure to extremely low temperatures. Keep warm.
  • Keep your hands covered when you are out at that temperature.
  • Consume a warm diet.
  • If you have any pain or discomfort or difficulty in movement, get physically examined.

Feel free to follow up with any other query anytime on chat or call.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician