Cystoscopy

Is it possible to have changes in cystoscopy result due to prolonged foley catheter usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on a foley catheter since two. COVID prohibited the procedure at that time. I am having a cystoscopy on the 18th of this month. If all is well, will my bladder be too weak since it has been on the foley for so long? Foley has been a pain and I am on Xarelto and Plavix w...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming back to your query, you need to answer some of my questions first. When the catheter was put how much urine came in the first 15 minutes (did your bag get filled fully, half or what)? Were you on a floral Finastride combination before you were put on a cathet...  Read Full »

Can whitish inflammation during cystoscopy related to urinary problem and ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 30 -year-old male. I am 5 feet and 11 inches with 75 kg weight. I had difficulty initiating urination and also had a case of erectile dysfunction. The problem with starting urination was many years ago, which I ignored because I thought it would go away normally. I only recen...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One thing you have not tried yet is tablet Alfuzosin 10 mg for two weeks. You can try this, I think your flow will become better.  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

How to prevent the recurrence of PUNLMP?

Query: Hi doctor, I had PUNLMP a year ago. I consulted a physician, and he did a TURBT. Now, I just have my follow up cystoscopy every three months. I am 25 years old. I am afraid of what to do and what to avoid. I have never smoked. But yes, I have been with smokers. I just wanted to know what would my l...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.PUNLMP (papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential) belongs to a very benign, non-life threatening spectrum of urological cancers.TURBT (transurethral resection of bladder tumor) is the correct treatment. Follow-up is required with cystoscopy and urine cytolog...  Read Full »

Please explain the procedure of cystoscopy.

Query: Hi doctor, My urologist wants me to have a cystoscopy done and he said the preparation for this procedure is a numbing solution. I am trying to find whether the procedure can be done through general or local anesthesia. Do you have any suggestions?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cystoscopy is a procedure in which a small scope is introduced from your urethra into your bladder. It can be done under local or general anesthesia. Advantages with local anesthesia are that you will have minimal side effects and it can be done as an outpatient procedure...  Read Full »

Do I really need cystoscopy with dilation for 20 % urethral stricture?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with an anterior bulbar urethral stricture that is 20 % closed. I had two episodes of prostatitis, post-void dribbling and frequent urination with occasional mild burning and some mild spraying at the end of my stream. The urologist is recommending a repeat cystoscopy ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When were you diagnosed with stricture? Where were you treated at that time and what treatment was given? Yes, I also feel that you should repeat cystoscopy and get it dilated as it invariably recurs. So, better to undergo cystoscopy and get it dilated as without th...  Read Full »

Why are there drops of blood in my urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 79 years old male and in good health. But, since a few days, I have a few drops of blood in my urine. Please tell me the probabilities of a problem and tell me what I should do. About 7 years ago, I had an operation on my prostate to ease the urination. For about a year or more a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Painless blood in the urine has two possible causes. The first is cancer bladder and the second is prostate cancer or hyperplasia. What is the nature of the operation you did in the prostate? Was it benign prostate hyperplasia? Is there any painful urination or history ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for submucosal fibroid?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having submucosal fibroid over 10 years. Now for the past three months, I am facing irregular bleeding. My urine does not flow in a straight line when the volume is less. Also, I have a small cyst in clitoris which creates occasional itching, once or twice in a month. I am having thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For submucus fibroid you can opt for hysteroscopic removal or arterial embolization or MRI-guided focused ultrasound therapy. Because, at 30 I do not think you would like to go for an open surgery. Urine may not come out in straight line if volume is less and force i...  Read Full »

I have discomfort and difficulty while urinating. What could be causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a difficulty urinating since more than five months. I have had UTI in the past. I know this time it is not an infection as I do not have any pain or stinging. I feel my bladder is full and I feel a discomfort as I cannot empty it. I drink enough water. I have had bladder and...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are suffering from interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome. It is a diagnosis of exclusion. So, when you visit your urologist, you should talk to him about this possibility. He may advise cystoscopy to rule out other causes. I suggest you take table...  Read Full »

I have a small mass in my bladder. Other than cancer, could it be anything else?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to the doctor last week after I got my period 10 days early. I was worried because I have had a history of cervical dysplasia. My pap smear came back normal but my doctor wanted me to have an ultrasound just to be sure. Everything came back fine except for a small mass of 1.3 cm on...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Bladder mass of 1.3 cm needs cystoscopy biopsy and resection transurethrally.A solitary mass papillary may turn out to be a very mild tumor. All bladder tumors are of different biological behavior. The things will become more clear only after biopsy report.Such tumor, whic...  Read Full »