Cystoscopy

What is the cause behind the small mass present in the bladder?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to the doctor last week after I got my period 10 days early. I was worried because I have had a history of cervical dysplasia. My pap smear came back normal but my doctor wanted me to have an ultrasound just to be sure. Everything came back fine except for a small mass of 1.3 cm on...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Bladder mass of 1.3 cm needs cystoscopy biopsy and resection transurethrally.A solitary mass papillary may turn out to be a very mild tumor. All bladder tumors are of different biological behavior. The things will become more clear only after biopsy report.Such tumor, whic...  Read Full »

Will the strap of innerwear, mobile, or smartwatch affect cystoscopy and ultrasound of the kidney?

Query: Hi doctor,Today I had a cystoscopy as I have blood in my urine. Nothing was found, so I have been referred for an ultrasound on my kidneys. I have had cancer twice and worry a lot. I was told to remove my trousers and underwear but keep my top and innerwear on. I realized after the scan that my inne...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gross hematuria should be investigated thoroughly. Investigations include urine analysis and culture urine for cytology with three samples, one sample each day, flexible cystoscopy, and CT-IVU (computed tomography with intravenous urogram). In some centers, by the time ...  Read Full »

My husband suffers from painless hematuria for a year. How to manage it?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband who is 36 years old, is having painless hematuria since last year. The episodes are not defined, it is present for a month or sometimes as less as a week. MRI, CT scan, and cystoscopy, all show normal findings except hyperemia in the bladder. There are stones in his kidney,...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your husband has already done urine cytology, CT scan, cystoscopy, PSA (prostate-specific antigen), urine routine examination, culture, and all other the investigation are normal, then just keep a follow-up every year with the same investigations. Is he a smoker? An...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a treatment for hematuria.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 76 year old male. I have hematuria for the past two months. My prostate was normal in the USG report and the culture report did not show any growth of microorganisms. I took Levofloxacin for 10 days, but now my doctor prescribed Tranexamic 500 IV. I am also suffering from a lumbar...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hematuria has to be taken seriously. If ultrasonography is normal, then I suggest you go for a CT scan and urine cytology. If these are also negative, then a cystoscopy should be done. The usual cause of blood in urine is a prostate problem. So, if no other cause is fou...  Read Full »

I have occasional bleeding in the form of spots. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having occasional bleeding in the form of spotting. I had a three month course of Niftas for UTI. I am still using Amfy V vaginal cream and taking Satrogyl 300. This problem persists more than a year. Please help me out. I am worried. The bleeding drop is coming with water from th...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a pelvic scan and vaginal swab tests done. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids. Wash your private parts with normal tap...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have changes in cystoscopy result due to prolonged foley catheter usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on a foley catheter since two. COVID prohibited the procedure at that time. I am having a cystoscopy on the 18th of this month. If all is well, will my bladder be too weak since it has been on the foley for so long? Foley has been a pain and I am on Xarelto and Plavix w...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming back to your query, you need to answer some of my questions first. When the catheter was put how much urine came in the first 15 minutes (did your bag get filled fully, half or what)? Were you on a floral Finastride combination before you were put on a cathet...  Read Full »

Can whitish inflammation during cystoscopy related to urinary problem and ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 30 -year-old male. I am 5 feet and 11 inches with 75 kg weight. I had difficulty initiating urination and also had a case of erectile dysfunction. The problem with starting urination was many years ago, which I ignored because I thought it would go away normally. I only recen...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One thing you have not tried yet is tablet Alfuzosin 10 mg for two weeks. You can try this, I think your flow will become better.  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

How to prevent the recurrence of PUNLMP?

Query: Hi doctor, I had PUNLMP a year ago. I consulted a physician, and he did a TURBT. Now, I just have my follow up cystoscopy every three months. I am 25 years old. I am afraid of what to do and what to avoid. I have never smoked. But yes, I have been with smokers. I just wanted to know what would my l...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.PUNLMP (papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential) belongs to a very benign, non-life threatening spectrum of urological cancers.TURBT (transurethral resection of bladder tumor) is the correct treatment. Follow-up is required with cystoscopy and urine cytolog...  Read Full »

Please explain the procedure of cystoscopy.

Query: Hi doctor, My urologist wants me to have a cystoscopy done and he said the preparation for this procedure is a numbing solution. I am trying to find whether the procedure can be done through general or local anesthesia. Do you have any suggestions?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cystoscopy is a procedure in which a small scope is introduced from your urethra into your bladder. It can be done under local or general anesthesia. Advantages with local anesthesia are that you will have minimal side effects and it can be done as an outpatient procedure...  Read Full »