Delayed Heartbeat

What exactly is a right bundle branch block?

Query: Hi doctor, My ECG report says that I have a right bundle branch block. What is it? Does it require attention?  Read Full »

Dr. Shoaib Javeed Khan

General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The heart works on electrical signals/impulses that are sent through a pathway. This finally reaches the side/part of the heart that produces the heartbeat. This pathway is complicated. And when there is any abnormality along this pathway, it can result in a conditio...  Read Full »

I am pregnant, but heartbeat of fetus was not seen during the scan. Should I repeat the scan?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 7 weeks pregnant. Today, I had undergone an ultrasound to check whether everything is fine or not. But, the radiologist has not seen any heartbeat. I am also bleeding a little bit from the last two days. Please let me know what is going on with my pregnancy. Is it normal? Should I st...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The situation is not quite what we would want. Nevertheless, you need to repeat the ultrasound after 10 days. Meanwhile, please understand that sometimes the fetus is having chromosomal abnormalities and thus gets miscarriage naturally. If you start bleeding more, please ...  Read Full »

Why are my heartbeats always very strong?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male, who weighs 78 kg and is 180 cm tall. I do not consume alcohol, but smoke two cigarettes per day. Since the past few years, I feel my heartbeats are very strong. I can feel my heartbeat all the time. I have consulted three cardiologists already for this problem. ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are feeling your heartbeats because of your enlarged and thickened heart. Thickening of the heart is typically seen in athletes. The heart size increases to cope with the increased stress, it is called as physiological cardiac hypertrophy. As a result, the heart ...  Read Full »