Q. My ECG report says that I have a right bundle branch block. Does it require attention?

Dr. Shoaib Javeed Khan
Published on Jul 03, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2018

My ECG report says that I have a right bundle branch block. What is it? Does it require attention?

Dr. Shoaib Javeed Khan

General Medicine
#

The heart works on electrical signals/impulses that are sent through a pathway. This finally reaches the side/part of the heart that produces the heartbeat. This pathway is complicated. And when there is any abnormality along this pathway, it can result in a condition called bundle branch block.

In this condition, there is a delay in the delivery of this impulse to that region of the heart (right or left), thus resulting in a delayed heartbeat. Bundle branch block (BBB) is not treated directly as it usually does not require treatment. But once observed, an elaborate evaluation has to be conducted to find the exact cause. This cause has to be treated once found.

My cousin's hCG levels have doubled after IUI. Is a viable pregnancy likely?

Query: Hello doctor,My cousin had her last period on the 10th of last month and got IUI done on the 26th. Her hCG levels increased (doubled) in the blood test. Now, at six weeks, she got an ultrasound scan and there is no heartbeat till now. Is it too late? What are the chances of the pregnancy to be via...  Read Full »

According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back...  Read Full »

Can ECG changes occur due to anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a diabetes patient. Recently, I had an ECG done which showed borderline normal sinus arrythmia. Immediately, I had a 2D echo and it showed a normal study. But my blood pressure is not normal. It is around 150/90 and so my doctor advised me to take Betaloc-50. In addition to this, I ...  Read Full »