Q. I am on Fluoxetine for depression and anxiety. Kindly suggest Ayurvedic medicine for it.

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 09, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2019

I am suffering from depression and anxiety. I take Fluoxetine 15 mg. Please recommend Ayurvedic medicine for me so that I can reduce Fluoxetine.

Dr. Alka

#

I read your query. Depression is curable if you are willing to fight against it. You are very young, and you have your whole life in front of you. In Ayurveda, depression is mentioned as vishad. In depression, your mind always occupied with negative thoughts. So the best thing is to divert your mind. Indulge yourself in creative activities. Go for yoga classes, dance classes, or whatever you are interested in. Do meditation regularly. Meditation is very useful in fighting against depression.

Do exercise or walk daily. This will release a happy hormone in you, and you will feel good. In Ayurveda, a lot of medication is mentioned for depression. You can take

1. Ashwagandharishta 10 ml with water twice a day for two to four weeks.

2. Take capsule Brahmi one capsule with water twice a day for two to four weeks.

3. Take capsule Guduchi one capsule twice a day with water for two to four weeks.

These medications will help you to fight against depression. You can also go for a panchkarma therapy named Shirodhara, in a nearby center. Here they will treat you with medicated oil. It is extremely beneficial for you. Do not quit your previous medication without consulting your doctor. I hope you are satisfied with my answer. For more queries, you can consult me.

Life style or hereditory or some incident.

|