Q. I am on Fluoxetine for depression and anxiety. Kindly suggest Ayurvedic medicine for it.

Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 09, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2019

I am suffering from depression and anxiety. I take Fluoxetine 15 mg. Please recommend Ayurvedic medicine for me so that I can reduce Fluoxetine.

Dr. Alka

#

I read your query. Depression is curable if you are willing to fight against it. You are very young, and you have your whole life in front of you. In Ayurveda, depression is mentioned as vishad. In depression, your mind always occupied with negative thoughts. So the best thing is to divert your mind. Indulge yourself in creative activities. Go for yoga classes, dance classes, or whatever you are interested in. Do meditation regularly. Meditation is very useful in fighting against depression.

Do exercise or walk daily. This will release a happy hormone in you, and you will feel good. In Ayurveda, a lot of medication is mentioned for depression. You can take

1. Ashwagandharishta 10 ml with water twice a day for two to four weeks.

2. Take capsule Brahmi one capsule with water twice a day for two to four weeks.

3. Take capsule Guduchi one capsule twice a day with water for two to four weeks.

These medications will help you to fight against depression. You can also go for a panchkarma therapy named Shirodhara, in a nearby center. Here they will treat you with medicated oil. It is extremely beneficial for you. Do not quit your previous medication without consulting your doctor. I hope you are satisfied with my answer. For more queries, you can consult me.

Life style or hereditory or some incident.

Depression - a State of Mood Imbalance

Article Overview: As this world is growing more advanced in every field possible, depression is becoming a common term talked about by almost everyone. Read Article

Let us see what depression actually means. Depression in simple words is a state of mood imbalance. It is characterised by prolonged sadness, irritability and loss of interest in daily activities. Changes in mood, irritability, anxiety, sleepiness, etc., are common but when these signs become so pro...  Read Article

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now