Destructed Rbc

What causes schistocytes?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend recently got a blood test done and they told her that she had a large number of schistocytes. However, she was not found to be anemic and has no other history of serious health issues. She is 30 and thin built. She has been anemic on blood tests occasionally in the past. I do...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern. Schistocytes are nothing but fragmented or broken red blood cells, which are formed due to trauma to the cells. There are many causes of schistocytes in blood, One of the causes is microangiopathic hemol...  Read Full »

My brother gets jaundice every 3 to 4 months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother has jaundice, which comes after every three to four months. He feels very low and lazy, and his body becomes yellow. He also has a fever. We do not know why he gets sick every three months. The doctors say that the number of cells in his body that are getting destroyed are...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. There are a number of causes of jaundice. Some of them are viral infections, (like hepatitis A, B, C, and E), certain medications, obstruction in the bile duct, and hemolytic anemia. Recurring jaundice is said when the level of bilirubin becomes no...  Read Full »

How did I get positive Jkb antibodies?

Query: Hi doctor,I received a notice after my child's birth as I am positive for Jkb antibodies. Is there a treatment for this? What can a doctor do for this? Does this affect future pregnancy? Where does this come from? How did I get it? I have always been anemic and had Iron supplement. I am not sure whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Taking Iron supplementation and being anemic are not connected to Jkb antibodies. This is genetic and rarely expresses itself, so rarely seen. It is a rare immunological disorder and it rarely causes lysis of red blood cells in renal medulla due to high urine in there. N...  Read Full »