Dialectical Behavior Therapy

How can post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD) be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I took Lexapro for two months when I was 20 years old. And then quit abruptly, because every time I would sleep for a very long time without dreaming, and also wake up feeling bad. It has been three years now, and my sexual functioning and libido have gone...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your symptoms and side effects of the medications. The symptoms you mentioned above are showing that you are suffering from dysthymia and moderate depression. Depression itself is a cause of poor sexual drive. Lexapro tha...  Read Full »

I have extreme and unstable emotions. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female, 5 feet and 8 inches, 285 lbs; currently taking Seroquel 100 mg at night and Adderall 30 mg on days I have to work. I have a history of depression, anxiety, self-harm, drug abuse, obsessive thoughts, and chronic fatigue. I have gained 40 lb weight in the past ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. I understand you were diagnosed as suffering from borderline personality disorder (BPD) and responded poorly to treatment despite multiple medications. In BPD, usually, you do not respond to medicines. Y...  Read Full »

How to deal with my daughter's weird behavior?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 17 years old. I do not know whether she is mentally sick or not. But I observe the following characteristics for the past two years. She is getting her menstruation twice a month. Her mood is turbulent, she will laugh but get angry shortly. She cannot sit in one place...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some of your symptoms suggest hyperactivity, inattention, oppositional and defiant behavior, hypersexual, and high risk behaviors. Along with this, there are some menstrual problems.  Read Full »

How to stop self-harming behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, I struggle to focus and I cannot concentrate on my studies. I just think about other things, not always bad things, but sometimes I think about throwing myself out the window. When I am asked a question or if there are some people around, I used to get panic and struggle to answer. My vo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you are describing, it appears that there is a personality disorder. It is not a disease, just a kind of personality that is not very adaptable. This also means that there is nothing to be ashamed of or worried about as far as the diagnosis is concerned. This is...  Read Full »

Is possessiveness considered an illness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am too much possessive to all the one who I love. Because of that, I stressed a lot. Is possessiveness a disease? Please help me.  Do I need any treatment for this? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Swarajit Narayan Ghosh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first step in feeling better is to acknowledge that there might be an unaddressed issue in your day-to-day life. You have taken a courageous step in facing up to any perceived deficiencies that you feel you might have. Once acknowledged, any such issue can usually be...  Read Full »

Is a desire to have a mental illness a disorder by itself?

Query: Hello doctor, I have something which affects me a lot. Basically, I desire to have a mental illness, I have been even faking certain symptoms. To be exact, I do actually have mental health problems, I am diagnosed with Asperger’s, bipolar disorder and OCD. However, I have a feeling I am not i...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you are aware and trying to take the help of a psychiatrist. You are suffering from borderline personality disorder. You like to take attention from people. You want to be pampered by your family and that is why you are looking for such an illness or...  Read Full »