Diastasis Recti

Can physiotherapy heal diastasis recti?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old woman in good health. 11 weeks ago, I gave birth through C-section, after a tough pregnancy with complete bed rest for seven months. Walk to the bathroom were the only exercise I got. After birth, I noticed that I was left with diastasis recti of about 2.5 cm width. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, congratulations for delivering a beautiful baby. I have gone through your medical history in detail. Diastasis of 2.5 cm is considered a moderate degree of diastasis as far as our classification is considered. Diastasis is usually hard to heal up completely...  Read Full »

Is surgery required to repair diastasis recti?

Query: Hello doctor, I have diastasis recti. Do I need surgery to repair it? I have three children of ages 4 and a half years, 2 years and 7 months.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diastasis recti is a medical condition in which the abdominal muscle is separated into right and left halves. This occurs in pregnant women due to the stretching of the abdominal muscle during growth of uterus at the time of pregnancy. The most common cause for ...  Read Full »