Q. I have diastasis recti. Do I need surgery to repair it?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2018

I have diastasis recti. Do I need surgery to repair it? I have three children of ages 4 and a half years, 2 years and 7 months.

#

Diastasis recti is a medical condition in which the abdominal muscle is separated into right and left halves. This occurs in pregnant women due to the stretching of the abdominal muscle during growth of uterus at the time of pregnancy.

The most common cause for this is repeated pregnancies at short intervals.

Make sure you do not have constipation. Eat healthy, nutritional homemade food.

Have a lot of green vegetables, fruits, fresh juices, etc. Drink plenty of water and fluids.

|