Diet Blunders

Why do I have a sensation of water drops on my skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting a cold drop of water sensation all over my body. It is more noticeable on the legs. I often go to clean the water, but there is nothing there. It only gets triggered when clothes touch it. I also have muscle twitching all over the body and a muscle tension on my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help. Well, it is apparently a neurological problem that is most likely stemming out of an improper diet and lifestyle issues. I would recommend the following: Eat a healthy, balanced and anti-inflammatory diet, preferably Mediterranean cuisine...  Read Full »

I have sudden and severe hair loss. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I am suffering from severe hair loss. Almost three-quarters of my hair I lost in 15 days. I have severe itchiness on the scalp with a sensation of something crawling on my scalp and body. But, my mother says nothing can be found on the head, except some...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. A sudden hair loss may be due to many causes like severe dieting, mental or physical stress, pregnancy or any illness. Please evaluate yourself if you have suffered from any of the above recently. You need to understand that hair regrowth...  Read Full »

I had a diet without rice and meat. Is it healthy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had this diet with no rice and meat for five months. Is it healthy? I eat meat but only when I attend occasions. I was 99 back then and now I am 73 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ideal diet is a balanced combination of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Eating meat is not a necessity if you are taking adequate vegetarian proteins. If you are avoiding rice, but substituting that with any other healthy carbohydrate, that should be fine too. ...  Read Full »

Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?

Query: Hello doctor,There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is absolutely not a good way to lose 10 kg in 10 days. It can create several health problems. So, I suggest you do not do this. The best rate would be to reduce 4 to 5 kg in a month. About eating eggs, eating three to four eggs is ideal for weight management, b...  Read Full »

Is my daughter's high TSH level linked to our vegan diet?

Query: Hello doctor,My family and I have gone vegan three months ago. We did blood tests this week to check if we are healthy and my three children show a low level of hematocrit count, although their RBC is within limits. My youngest (2 and a half years) has also a high TSH level (5.2 mIU/L). They are su...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through their reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her hematocrit value is borderline low. Her Hb (hemoglobin) and RBC (red blood cells) values are within limit. So, for that, just now no active treatment is needed as it is not a clear-...  Read Full »

Is 'eating just bananas for breakfast' a good way to lose weight?

Query: Hello docotor,I eat only two bananas for breakfast. Is it recommended to do so or does it cause stomach pain, gastritis, gas and bloating?  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eating bananas for breakfast is good. But having only bananas for breakfast is not complete and appropriate. The word breakfast means that you are breaking your overnight fast. So, it is should be made up of carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, and a fiber-r...  Read Full »