Q. Can you suggest a vegetarian diet plan for getting a healthy and fit body?

Dr. Shilpa Devanhalli

I am a pure vegetarian. I have been hitting the gym on a regular basis during morning hours. I could feel the change in me but not the kind of lean body which I am looking for. I am a foodie and I love to eat everything which is vegetarian. Lots of fat is accumulated in my face and stomach rather than the other parts of my body. Can you suggest a diet plan for the whole day? From 11 AM to 6 PM, I have to sit at my office. So, there are no physical activities involved during that period.

Dr. Shilpa Devanhalli

Ayurveda Specialist Dietician Nutritionist
#

Based on your current height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is in the normal category. In order to give you a personalized diet plan, I need more information about:

1. Your current diet and fitness goals.
  2. Also, can you provide me your report - body fat percentage and waist circumference.
  3. In addition, do you have any medical history and/or taking any medicines and supplements?

If you can send me your accurate 24 hours diet and activity diary, I can make a plan which fits in your schedule and is easy to follow.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Thank you for your prompt reply. My waist is around 32 inch. I wake up around 7:30 AM. I start my day with apple cider vinegar with honey, lemon, and cinnamon in warm water before I leave for the gym. I go to the gym at 8 and come back by 9.15. After coming from the gym, I eat cottage cheese approx 50 to 70 mg along with a cup of green tea and four pieces of almond. Then, after I take my shower go for prayers and eat my breakfast.

10.30 AM: two to three rotis with curd and vegetable also milk tea.

Around 1 to 2 PM: I go with a carrot and a cucumber or maybe any kinda fruit.

Around 3 PM I eat rice with papad dal and one vegetable.

When I go back home in the evening, I take some snacks with a cup of green tea and maybe popcorn, or any other items cooked at that time could be pakodas, samosas, bhel anything.

At night, again I eat two to three rotis with a vegetable.

During the night, I take a glass of milk.

• In the weekend, I am out with friends. So, once in a week, I drink.
  • I am a regular smoker.
  • It happens twice in a week that I eat a lot of high-calorie food at the restaurant.
  • My sitting duration with no physical activity is from 11 AM to 6 PM.

My goal is to have a healthy life, and fittest body so that I can show off.

Dr. Shilpa Devanhalli

#

After considering your current diet and activity record, it seems you are restricting your full intake in the early hours of the day and by the evening time you compensate it with high calorie, high-fat foods. The better approach is spreading your food intake equally throughout the day.

Also, your diet seems to lack enough fruits and proteins. Including at least one fresh fruit a day will be helpful. Consume three wholesome meals preferably homemade and two healthy snacks. Below is a sample meal plan. Use mindfulness to decide quantity.

• Early morning snack - 6.00 AM - Dry fruits.
  • Breakfast - 8.00 AM - Homemade idli sambar/upma/traditional local breakfast.
  • Mid-morning snack - 10.00 AM - Fruit.
  • Lunch - 12.30 PM - Roti/rice + subji + dal + salad + ghee.
  • Afternoon Snack - 3.30 PM - Dry fruit bar/Rajgira ladoo.
  • Dinner - 7.30 PM - Roti/rice + subji + dal + salad + ghee.
  • Late night snack - 9.30 PM - one glass milk.

| 

Please suggest a diet plan for hypothyroidism and high BP.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My height is 6 feet and my weight is 90 kg. I take regular medications for hypothyroidism and high BP. I am attaching my latest reports. Please suggest a low-carb high-fat vegetarian diet.  Read Full »

Does Orlistat help in losing weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an unmarried 23 year old female. My height and weight are 5'6" and 105 kg respectively. Till now I do not have any medical issue. From childhood, I am a bit fat. So I would like to know, is there any tablet which can help me lose weight along with diet? I heard that Xenical (Orlista...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan to lose weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I have gastric problem. Can you suggest me diet plan to lose weight with consideration of my gastric problem. Please specify any precautions to be taken and mention the source of food. I am attaching my medical reports which I have done before six months. Thank you.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now